Ele is too strong

magickthief.6492

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That link is showing "in general" amongst all game modes.

That has nothing to do with class representation for the current pvp patching.

And class representation ratios have little to do with how strong or weak something actually is. For example, when 50% of the population is playing Rifle Mech, even though you won't see any Rifle Mechs in the top 100 or in the semis or final rounds of any ATs because they pop and die in 2s each time they come off the respawn. In other words, the Rifle Mech only has high class representation because it is easy to play, not because it's actually good.

This is so true it hurts.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:03 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That link is showing "in general" amongst all game modes.

That has nothing to do with class representation for the current pvp patching.

And class representation ratios have little to do with how strong or weak something actually is. For example, when 50% of the population is playing Rifle Mech, even though you won't see any Rifle Mechs in the top 100 or in the semis or final rounds of any ATs because they pop and die in 2s each time they come off the respawn. In other words, the Rifle Mech only has high class representation because it is easy to play, not because it's actually good.

That sad,  but it's the hard part of balance, different skill play different game.

• Confused 1

Projectile reflect for ele has been in this game since launch

And before you complain and say, they get it too often. Think about all the other elite specs that had their base mechanics buffed

Soulbeast and Untamed- more abilities and player can control when those abilities are executed 

Firebrand-Don't even get me started

Daredevil-When are they not dodging??? 

Holo- the second best bruiser spec because this elite gave them a permanent weapon swap to work with. Which goes against core engi (aka buff) 

Vindicator- This spec is double everything. Double utility skills. Double dodges, double defenses. That's why it takes twice at long to kill any vindicator that decides to become a tank

It goes on and on. I'm all for nerfing certain things, but core mechanics like auras, is too far

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Projectile reflect for ele has been in this game since launch

And before you complain and say, they get it too often. Think about all the other elite specs that had their base mechanics buffed

Soulbeast and Untamed- more abilities and player can control when those abilities are executed 

Firebrand-Don't even get me started

Daredevil-When are they not dodging??? 

Holo- the second best bruiser spec because this elite gave them a permanent weapon swap to work with. Which goes against core engi (aka buff) 

Vindicator- This spec is double everything. Double utility skills. Double dodges, double defenses. That's why it takes twice at long to kill any vindicator that decides to become a tank

It goes on and on. I'm all for nerfing certain things, but core mechanics like auras, is too far

no class should be immune to specific attack type aka projectiles.    id love to hear what part of necro been buffed?  nerfed only if anything. . 

either way.. . lets say it clear thief evading and stealthing constantly is also not ok ... thief stealth and evades been op for ages and they still are.. but look at forum you dont see complains about thief anymore how come? is thief stealth not op anymore?  nah its still is...  but the reason is spell breaker ele and chrom these 3 classes are simply more op than thief once they are nerfed you will see people return to complain about thief.  

i actually agree with you alot all these stuff you mentioned about other classes are somewhat problematic design the summon from  rangers  and thief as mentioned before..  vindicator is op aswell but the problem is his dodge system not his legends. .
and firebrand ofc..   Gurdian is known to be Arena net fav class ..   

all that being said..  its still not ok for elementalist to basically be immune to projectiles. . some auras yes some reflects sure..  but right now its far far far too many and it has to be tunned down..  im not saying removed but im saying reduced and alot. . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 12/14/2022 at 12:16 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

My biggest issue with the homing flying tooth of death is... it is an AoE skill that can hit multiple targets, all of which may not know where their party members may end up when it is casted. So I could get hit by a flying tooth of death simply because my thief ally decided to shadowstep next to me from behind. Then WHAM we both get hit.

As a Guardian main I've done this towards my ally's without realizing it. The AoE hit should be lower radius imo. That's my only issue with it. It is otherwise no different than Ray of Judgement on Focus#3 that us Guards have.

beggining of ray of judgement can be dodge to nullify the effect, it does less damage, to single target not aoe, has no finisher AND 3x the cooldown.

• Thanks 1

Scepter in general on ele aswell as the mix of catalyst is what needs nerfs badly, im surprised they still havent nerfed it, i still wonder who though it be a great idea to make an already quite decently sized aoe Dragon's Tooth to be attached to a target rather than ground aoe, sure scepter wasnt the best before and it required alot of precisions play to be able to land ur stuff but isnt that what makes ele its class to begin with, lets take sword weaver for example, it requires 100% more on being precise on its movement, facing targets etc, and then we have 900 range scepters that does not require any of that being 3 times as powerful, where is the idealogy behind this, it makes no sense to me, i think sword focus and sword dagger and dagger dagger is in a fine okayish state, tho i would love to see sword on itself being buffed a bit as it requires so much more attention to how u play / use it compared to anything else .

Nerf Cata, Nerf scepter, Remove dragon's tooth aoe to be attached and make it instead a ground aoe as it used to be, it already has the size of a node its more than enough for a ground aoe to be reasonable, but now nope, now it follows its target no matter LoS or not requiring absolute no skill to use it and sure u can evade it but GL when they cc u down while doing so, besides of that it makes no sense in terms of teamplay, lets say we have a supp guard to help cleanse bit off the condi's or heal u up etc how on earth is he supposed to even get close to a target hit by dragon's tooth ? he simply cant he would have to dodge or facetank the massive damage from it because it follows the target he is trying to support.

edited for special kids like grimjack.

Edited by Xaint.7461
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Xaint.7461 said:

Scepter in general on ele aswell as the mix of catalyst is what needs nerfs badly, im surprised they still havent nerfed it, i still wonder who though it be a great idea to make an already quite decently sized aoe Dragon's Tooth to be attached to a target rather than ground aoe, sure scepter wasnt the best before and it required alot of precisions play to be able to land ur stuff but isnt that what makes ele its class to begin with, lets take sword weaver for example, it requires 100% more on being precise on its movement, facing targets etc, and then we have 600 range scepters that does not require any of that being 3 times as powerful, where is the idealogy behind this, it makes no sense to me, i think sword focus and sword dagger and dagger dagger is in a fine okayish state, tho i would love to see sword on itself being buffed a bit as it requires so much more attention to how u play / use it compared to anything else .

Nerf Cata, Nerf scepter, Remove dragon's tooth aoe to be attached and make it instead a ground aoe as it used to be, it already has the size of a node its more than enough for a ground aoe to be reasonable, but now nope, now it follows its target no matter LoS or not requiring absolute no skill to use it and sure u can evade it but GL when they cc u down while doing so, besides of that it makes no sense in terms of teamplay, lets say we have a supp guard to help cleanse bit off the condi's or heal u up etc how on earth is he supposed to even get close to a target hit by dragon's tooth ? he simply cant he would have to dodge or facetank the massive damage from it because it follows the target he is trying to support.

i aint reading all that but im pretty sure ur opinion should be irrelevant based on u thinking scepter is 600 range and not 900 range

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

i aint reading all that but im pretty sure ur opinion should be irrelevant based on u thinking scepter is 600 range and not 900 range

okay i forgot it was 900 range and not 600 range, so because an invidual cant remember exact ranges of some skills in the game it means its irrelevant of their experiences from the skills ? thats a very odd statement. If u cant even read what i have to say then what makes ur saying even relevant in this case, maybe u could type something that would benefit to the topic itself rather than trying to point out a simple range discussion

Edited by Xaint.7461
  • Thanks 1