Untamed and movement speed

Krispera.5087

18 minutes ago, zaswer.5246 said:

can someone recap wich is the problem? i mean i saw some things about signets and stuff, but i dont get it i think?

I mean for me ranger has decen mobility, not the best but its decent, as for signets i do think we could use a rework, and use the oportunity for several things.

Basically the claim is that untamed as a bruiser spec can't function very well because it is lacking an unconditional movement speed buff in it's traits.

It does have a trait which provides movement speed, ferocious symbiosis, but this is conditional since it requires the pet to hit stuff.
In comparison, the other 2 elite specs have an unconditional movement speed interaction. Druid has natural stride and soulbeast hs the movement speed increase if they take beast mastery and fuse with their pet.

Signets came into play because I was pointing out that there is also an unconditional movement speed buff from core by taking signet of the hunt, but signets seem outdated and are not taken all that much anymore. So I was pointing out that I think it would be better to buff signet of the hunt to the point of it being an actual solid take, so they can have that movement speed without feeling like they kitten themselves.

I thought this would be a better approach than always having a trait slot for elite specs taken up for movement speed increases, since some people claimed that every ranger elite spec should always come with an unconditional movement trait.

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I thought this would be a better approach than always having a trait slot for elite specs taken up for movement speed increases, since some people claimed that every ranger elite spec should always come with an unconditional movement trait.

1. The claim wasn't that soulbeast had an unconditional movement speed increase, it was that it was by far the fastest ranger spec because gazelle+bird+gs2 makes it insanely mobile while also being viable in actual scenarios.

2. Not every ranger spec should have an unconditional movement trait. But having your movement trait on a bruiser spec require your pet, who often cannot hit a moving target by the way, hit something to give you 1 stack of a stacking (therefore weaker baseline) movement speed increase is awful and you should just be able to get it baseline because otherwise you cannot keep up with moving targets either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Not every ranger spec should have an unconditional movement trait. But having your movement trait on a bruiser spec require your pet, who often cannot hit a moving target by the way, hit something to give you 1 stack of a stacking (therefore weaker baseline) movement speed increase is awful and you should just be able to get it baseline because otherwise you cannot keep up with moving targets either.

I was summarizing the thread for the guy since he asked for it, that statement was not representing you particularly.

There have been people in this thread here claiming that every ranger spec should have an unconditional movement speed trait, full stop. I was mentioning what these people said about this case there, since some of the discussion also revolved around if this should really be the case or not.

On 12/19/2022 at 6:26 AM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The only mobility advantage untamed has over other ranger specs is unatural traversal, because it is the only port, but it's rather situational.

Unnatural traversal is not the only advantage untamed has for mobility, it also has a double cast on thump which brings you forward 1.2k range.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2022 at 12:42 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Basically the claim is that untamed as a bruiser spec can't function very well because it is lacking an unconditional movement speed buff in it's traits.

It does have a trait which provides movement speed, ferocious symbiosis, but this is conditional since it requires the pet to hit stuff.
In comparison, the other 2 elite specs have an unconditional movement speed interaction. Druid has natural stride and soulbeast hs the movement speed increase if they take beast mastery and fuse with their pet.

Signets came into play because I was pointing out that there is also an unconditional movement speed buff from core by taking signet of the hunt, but signets seem outdated and are not taken all that much anymore. So I was pointing out that I think it would be better to buff signet of the hunt to the point of it being an actual solid take, so they can have that movement speed without feeling like they kitten themselves.

well that being the case, i think maybe making the movement speed a base without the need to stack could be good, i mean it is in FS if im not wrong, that trait needs something in wvw to be good because there pets die pretty easily, in fact untamed doesnt have a great trait in that column if looked from a zerg point of view, out of that... signets do need some help too thats true, theyre pretty... id say plain and a couple are mostly useless now

• Like 1