What's the point of playing Bladesworn other than the theme?

Zekent.3652

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, the stun is fine it is just that you want to save the Dragon Slash for after the breakbar is broken, not for breaking the breakbar. you're forced into having DS mine to use it back-to-back, just as you are forced into Cartridges to maximize damage and Flow Stabilizer to build flow. There is no diversity for that spec, all the ways that Anet has been trying to shore it up has been to overload a few skills/traits to the point where they are the only viable thing to run.

Re: Spellbreaker. That is an issue. Foes in PvE tend to not have boons, but effects that you can't strip, and if they do have boons you have to contend with the other players in removing them. That said, from my experience running through metas most pve players don't sweat the boons, so I've been able to pop 40k break enchantments, usually wiping the mobs in the process, and mopping up with my F1s. Spellbreaker would go a lot further if some of those effects could be removed like boons.

I didn't say break bar.  I said groups of enemies.  Break Bars just care about defiance damage, in which case they give out a 5 second long stun regardless of what happened.  Though it is silly not to use stuns to reduce the defiance bar, as those are mechanically necessary in high-end content.

You're not forced into anything on Bladesworn.  I happen to remember when the highest damage build for Bladesworn just ran two signets with flow charger and the discipline line.  That build, to my knowledge, was never directly nerfed.  There's been a lot of changes with unique buffs and abilities, but chances are that build is still quite solid to this day.  Personally, on days where my hands hurt, I replace Cartridges with a signet to reduce the strain, exchanging 15% damage on explosions with a roughly 5% damage boost globally with no time wasted using the cartridge skill.  If there's CC needed in excess, I'll put Bull's Charge there, which gives 10% damage from Peak Performance right when the enemy's bar breaks. The quickness build doesn't even run flow stabilizer, since axe attacks from the discipline line generate all the flow needed.  This is all to say that there's quite a bit of negotiation that can be done making these builds.  

On 12/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, Yasai.3549 said:

UNGA BUNGA WARRIOR DO DAMAGE. THURK FOUND STICK WITH CLOTH, IT HELP GROUP MAYBE? UNDERSTOOD, THURK WILL BRING STICK WITH CLOTH AND UNGA BUNGA. 🙂 THURK DO GOOD.

Jokes aside, BSW at times feels like it's going against the core principles of being a Warrior. That Dragon Slash thing is so unwarrior like idk what to say. There's a reason why Killshot is bad and Dragon Slash further proves why. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the rooting.) 

Yes, let's get rid of Kaiten because it's inefficient and players prefer consistency over things like flavor, pacing, and gamefeel.

Let's also make all the weaponskills autocrit with lower potency while we are at it to flatten the damage contours. And eliminate every skill or trait that doesn't contribute to a strict 2 minute rotation with a 15 second burst window.

(It seems pretty obvious to me you don't play FFXIV, because your comment is proposing almost precisely the terrible homogenization decisions that ruined Samurai earlier this year)

Rooting is not a problem. It just means that espec is not made for certain situations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Not all of PvP or WvW, just how people tend to play it.

If you're sitting on a special BS build for PvP and WvW, by all means, share it. I'd love for BS to be a competitive pick.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to trust what my eyes, personal experience, and every respectable authority are telling me--that BS is a suboptimal pick in those game modes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

If you're sitting on a special BS build for PvP and WvW, by all means, share it. I'd love for BS to be a competitive pick.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to trust what my eyes, personal experience, and every respectable authority are telling me--that BS is a suboptimal pick in those game modes.

He is probably not fighting over a point and using DD to chase people at 0 charges.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:22 PM, Batalix.2873 said:

Yes, let's get rid of Kaiten because it's inefficient and players prefer consistency over things like flavor, pacing, and gamefeel.

Let's also make all the weaponskills autocrit with lower potency while we are at it to flatten the damage contours. And eliminate every skill or trait that doesn't contribute to a strict 2 minute rotation with a 15 second burst window.

(It seems pretty obvious to me you don't play FFXIV, because your comment is proposing almost precisely the terrible homogenization decisions that ruined Samurai earlier this year)

Rooting is not a problem. It just means that espec is not made for certain situations.

While I agree that rooting isn’t bad in and of itself, I don’t think bladesworn works well. There are numerous other ways it could function to be more fluid and have more dynamic gameplay, and instead gets a very clunky and boring to play charge period followed by big slash.

Rooting is already prevalent on Warrior, having root as a feature just creates a mess of issues for a concept that otherwise is quite cool if it had been executed better. 
But that’s unlikely to change, so w/e. 

• Like 1