A more proactive Machinist-Jade Golem

Detergente Ariel.8147

Have you noticed how the Golem use Rocket Fist when you use skill 3 of your weapon? Well I proppose:

Golem AA be tied to our engi AA too, always targeting our current target or first enemy hit (with our current target having priority).
Weapon skill 2 tied to any other secondary golem attack.

Rocket fist remain the same.

Now, if the golem do not receive input for at least 1 second it return automatically to our side.

These changes eliminate the "attack on my target" and "return to me" orders, giving us a more natural control over our Golem. It eliminate "agresive" automation but facilitate the maneuver of our golem in determinated moments we are not attacking.

Yeha, I know that could make our golem not do damage if we are unable of attack by CC or other situations but I feel it is better this way, we are directly commanding our golem and he lack true inteligence so only act because we order it to attack.

It can also open the door to each grandmaster trait have an special attack activated by weapon skill 2 usage, with cooldown of course!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Intresting idea, not perfect, but that could lead to some intresting gameplay. As as Im concern, I just completly ignore mechanical genius.

For most open world play, I agree you can just ignore mechanical genius.

However, if you're trying to efficiently solo one of the harder-hitting dungeon bosses or open world champions, I was shocked to find out just how quickly the mech dies if you're not managing mechanical genius. Sure, you can always call it back with the elite signet, but for some fights it got to the point where I realized the mech would likely die again before either the standard F4 resummon or the elite signet would be available. Mechanical genius + the boons trait in mechanist was all it took to bring the mech back to pre-mechanical-genius standards, so I started paying more attention to it.

As for OP's suggestion about the mech always AAing what the player is attacking, I disagree. Necro minions have this behavior, and while it's great for many circumstances, I actually like multitasking in some fights. I prefer the current situation over the suggested change.