Pips in EOTM

Shadows Creed.3902

51 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

So you can sit around in the arena all day while not providing anything to the actual matches?

Maybe it's so I can find those people to launch off the cliffs.  Maybe it cause i love the beauty of EOTM.  Maybe it cause i want to finish the achieves and my guild wont go there if no pips 😮 

• Like 2

Tbh I could see people take that more seriously than wvw now. Go in for that skirmish where it all set at new to start. Wvw skirmishes don't really reset anything in their current way on EBG/ alpine.

Honestly don't see Harm in anet trying something different. It isn't like winning in wvw matters or the amount of servers complaining is ending anytime soon.

8 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

So you can sit around in the arena all day while not providing anything to the actual matches?

Mag was spawn camping all locations for four straight days, some of us, depending on timezone were unable to get and keep participation.  At all.  Guess what, you can get and receive, and keep up participation in Edge of the Mist, you just don't get any pips.  And Edge of the Mist resets every 2 hours, so at least the "pugs" can do something than listen to the guilds tell the pugs to get off the map, so they can get the rest of their Guild Members in.

• Confused 1

Actually several months after launch of Edge of the Mist, the Jade Quarry scouts quit scouting for JQ server.  We went into Edge of the Mist and pretty much destroyed the Ktrains.  After that it was just a regular battlefield for players that got fed up playing on EBG and the Alpine border maps.  It finally came to an end when they launched the Legendary backpiece in WvW.  Edge of the Mist cleared out, was never the same aftre that.  It's a ghost town.  Great place to show people the ropes of defending or attacking a fixed location for training purposes.

11 hours ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

Actually several months after launch of Edge of the Mist, the Jade Quarry scouts quit scouting for JQ server.  We went into Edge of the Mist and pretty much destroyed the Ktrains.  After that it was just a regular battlefield for players that got fed up playing on EBG and the Alpine border maps.  It finally came to an end when they launched the Legendary backpiece in WvW.  Edge of the Mist cleared out, was never the same aftre that.  It's a ghost town.  Great place to show people the ropes of defending or attacking a fixed location for training purposes.

Yeah; the reality is the people who are unhappy with making EOTM relevalent; also the ones who upset Mag can spawn camp, unhappy there population imbalance, unhappy servers open or close, unhappy people sit in SMC, unhappy no fights in SMC, unhappy about everything.   I do agree it was a great way to show peeps the ropes and also able to fight diff peeps once your matchup was decided by like Tues/Wed and groups were bored of being in that same matchup. 

42 minutes ago, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

Yeah; the reality is the people who are unhappy with making EOTM relevalent; also the ones who upset Mag can spawn camp, unhappy there population imbalance, unhappy servers open or close, unhappy people sit in SMC, unhappy no fights in SMC, unhappy about everything.   I do agree it was a great way to show peeps the ropes and also able to fight diff peeps once your

Eotm should have been converted to a tutorial training area long ago. And yes people are unhappy about various parts of wvw,  that will always exist, does that mean we should just shove people over into eotm instead of fixing those wvw problems?(not like anything would get fixed in either area anyways) Personally I don't want eotm to be the replacement of wvw, it can exist along side it, it can be rewarding, but it shouldn't become the replacement. It would be like suggesting people go play strikes/fractals/zonemetas to eventually earn the exclusive raid rewards.

42 minutes ago, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

matchup was decided by like Tues/Wed and groups were bored of being in that same matchup. 

Pfft three day matches is the obvious solution there, not eotm. 🤭

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Eotm should have been converted to a tutorial training area long ago. And yes people are unhappy about various parts of wvw,  that will always exist, does that mean we should just shove people over into eotm instead of fixing those wvw problems?(not like anything would get fixed in either area anyways) Personally I don't want eotm to be the replacement of wvw, it can exist along side it, it can be rewarding, but it shouldn't become the replacement. It would be like suggesting people go play strikes/fractals/zonemetas to eventually earn the exclusive raid rewards.

Pfft three day matches is the obvious solution there, not eotm. 🤭

summary of this whole thing:   "my way or the highway"   

They should rework it into an actual borderland. 

I don't care if they take the shrines out of the other borderlands and put them only on EoTM, it's something.  Need some kind of incentive for fighting over there to stop the k-trains that inhabited it before.

Not that WvW as a whole isn't just a big k-train now anyway.  I don't see the difference of taking empty objectives over and over again in the BLs and on EoTM--still NPCs, still people that don't want to fight avoiding fights.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, neven.3785 said:

yeah but you from Mag and CTH.  You like a Trolling PPTer who cant fight.   And suspiciously canadian.   IDK if we can Trust this POV; could be leading us to sitting around doing nothing like all Magumans clearly do! 

• Confused 1

Yeah I agree that EotM should be implemented as a wvw map, maybe even as a borderland- so all 4 maps are different, so alpine,  desert,  cliffs and ebg ♡

I'd also like OS to go back to the way it was,  yes people complained about it...... but... people will always find something to complain about~ the only thing I'll say is... at least a lot of people used the map then,  is worlds versus..... worlds.... we go for fights, wether it's glass cannons,  healers,  boonballs or condi bombers..... it's what we do,  hell I'd pay to see a boonball do the jp with or without portals :'D

The keeps on ebg had to be breached to even get there,  ummm the spawns were all next to eachother,  and siege was deployable  🙂     it waswas... absolute madness,  but also the most fun since wvw since the tourny~ which was 2014 😮    I think we need another one of those too xD

Just now, Naibsel.7821 said:

The keeps on ebg had to be breached to even get there,  ummm the spawns were all next to eachother,  and siege was deployable  🙂     it waswas... absolute madness,  but also the most fun since wvw since the tourny~ which was 2014 😮    I think we need another one of those too xD

Errr you entered OS from your own keep...... so unless you lost your keep.... then yeah I guess you had to breach to get there.

They changed OS spawns cause you know, deathmatch was not suppose to be a thing, especially racking up easy kills for realm avenger. 🤭

• Like 1