Dragon Tooth didn't need to track.

Shao.7236

DT currently is like Ultima Online Explosion (delayed damage spike), which you can dodge, block or avoid with other i-frame. How skill is working is rather fine. Values may be a bit too high due to bad design of sPvP known also as "dodge or die".

Personaly I wouldn't mind "dodge or die" skills, if they all would have 30s or more CDs. It's hillarious non-elite skills in GW1 would be weaker on average, require energy to cast, have longer cast times and have much longer CDs...

Right now many builds just bomb you with never ending CDs, which is silly.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

It needed to be faster. Don't take away what makes the game interesting, having to setup is the fun part that sets GW2 apart from generic cast and forget gameplay of other games.

Yeah...maybe when the set up it's not on a 30-40s CD like it is on ele with Gale..not like renegade with a 12s CD set up followed by sevent shot on a similar CD/dmg than dragon tooth...on top of being faster......

Faster?...please...people were happy when Dragon's tooth couldn't hit anything but the most obtuse of monkeys when heavily drunk

And that's where the issue is...can't step aside and laugh anymore so people are getting mad...

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Yeah...maybe when the set up it's not on a 30-40s CD like it is on ele with Gale..not like renegade with a 12s CD set up followed by sevent shot on a similar CD/dmg than dragon tooth...on top of being faster......

Faster?...please...people were happy when Dragon's tooth couldn't hit anything but the most obtuse of monkeys when heavily drunk

And that's where the issue is...can't step aside and laugh anymore so people are getting mad...

Old version was easy to whiff, but new Dragon's Tooth hits with the same base damage and coefficient as a T3 Eviscerate from 900 range away on an 8 second cooldown untraited on its own, 6 if you take fire.

And you can do other things while casting it. If it's going to track to you from across the map it should have its damage reduced considering its new behavior. 

Personaly I wouldn't mind "dodge or die" skills, if they all would have 30s or more CDs. It's hillarious non-elite skills in GW1 would be weaker on average, require energy to cast, have longer cast times and have much longer CDs...

Dodge or die is fine, even with shorter cds than 30 seconds. They should always require a specific situation to be fulfilled  before delivering the lethal damage though. To get hit by evisc your opponent needs to have built a resource, be -really- close to you, and commit to an animation until the attack lands. Ele does not need to follow any of those rules for this skill. 

Imagine how silly it would be if a war could bulls charge you while the evisc was landing.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Just to say, I never was okay with Sevenshot damage. You're talking to a Hammer Rev, if I had to do anything to acquire the rights to complain. I already have. I used to main FA Core Elementalist quite a bit and would actually use Gale followed by DT because it was seemingly the only way to use it but if was actually faster.. Immobilize and Chill which are accessible to Elementalist would be way more useful? That's not without saying that DT could also be used as a counter pressure on self.

Overall Elementalist has by default more options to do something Vs Revenant. Saying that Shortbow is OP in a vacuum while it has no sustain built in.. That's by default rather biased. As it is anyway, DT damage is too high for a skill that tracks.

FYI if you hate Vindicator, so do I. Bring back the single evade, that was actually fun.

• Like 1

I find perma-CC spellbreaker far more annoying.  Normally I don't die to them if just 1v1 sidenode, but its annoying enough to either have to call a +1 or rotate--this to me is far more impactful than whatever I see eles doing >80% of the time.

Anyway, Dragon's Tooth windup animation is like super long, and on my build I can facetank it and still not really feel it, but it also seems like it should be easy enough to dodge if timed right.   Probably could just straight up invuln through it too but that seems excessive.

Dragon Tooth does seem like it also can be destructive in mid fights where no one is paying attention and just dies to it though...

8 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Dodge or die is fine, even with shorter cds than 30 seconds. They should always require a specific situation to be fulfilled  before delivering the lethal damage though. To get hit by evisc your opponent needs to have built a resource, be -really- close to you, and commit to an animation until the attack lands. Ele does not need to follow any of those rules for this skill. 

Imagine how silly it would be if a war could bulls charge you while the evisc was landing.

Warrior is the only class it applies to, since Warrior has no teleports that travel thru walls or terrain. 

Using Adrenaline as "resource" example is rather poor, since it can be used only one way in GW2 (yes, I know traits check it, but its still often fire whenever possible), while in GW1 it would affect majority of class kit.