Math to back up why Maguuma should go it alone next relink.

exeggcuter.8394

46 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol. I am not sure I can blame being mental on Warhammer. But the Choppa in me does miss the options to Bypass. For those that didn't play Warhammer the Melee class had an option to invade an enemy structure while the walls were up. You would pop in a backdoor and then need to make your way up stairs to all the ranged that would be defending the top of the fortifications. Normally that meant you were quite outnumbered and had no Tank or Heal support. If the other side didn't leave troops to block, you would could cause some serious mayhem and give your side more help in breaking down the door to get into the structure by wading into their defenders and cutting down the range while they shot down on your side.

Sending you a WAAAGH! from this old Choppa. -Grimjester <OE> Order's End

Man I miss warhammer, tempted to go back to that pserver to play for a bit.

Edited by Xenesis.6389

1 hour ago, lotus.5672 said:

To the players saying that mag roamers are bad and can be easily beat 1vX, winning duels in cele  tb trapper druid, ele, harb, virtuoso, deadeye, etc, isn't impressive at all, you shouldn't ever die in 1v1s running that stuff to begin with, and when it comes to small skirmishes and small scale fights your crutch builds just falls downs cause in the end you are still a bad player just with tank stats.

1 hour ago, exeggcuter.8394 said:

I'm just thankful that none of the notes about skill level aren't directed at me specifically. I do wonder who they are though?

Ah finally I don't need to defend Mag. Ex, above is the difference in obs and some other potential Mag players. obs defends their server here and having fought and seen them fight, fights first and then lends aid to server mates. Above is more where players will call out first and then fight later. This is where you run into more Mag that will respond to call outs and so if you don't fight and move you will be outnumbered. I love the degradation to tanky players. oh hai! As I said if you roam against Mag this is a good tactic. Don't start the fight where they mass, start the fight elsewhere, 1 will call for more normally. So hit and move. Lead them away first and plan that they will respond. If you roam, don't do it via glass cannon since numbers of other glass will bring you down. Mag's strength is they fight zergs so they will bring lots of CC but when you get them out of the cloud that doesn't work as well since they don't have more to support that pull. They will support each other which is their strength. But there are a lot of squishy Mag players out there and the key is bring them down before numbers over whelm you, so hit and move since more will be incoming.

Seen too many times people will just ignore Mag and attack the other side. Part of that I will blame on mechanics. We don't have any incentive for 2 &3 to fight 1 and always laugh when in any match on EB that people decide to attack the sides that don't hold SMC or attack the side that is trying to take SMC from the side that holds it. Kind of the point of having three sides, or at least in my mind, but I am a roamer/havoc, maybe I am mental. Key is Mag will bring you good fights, but a lot of people are looking to just take things so if your side isn't out looking for a fight, you will be outnumbered. As others have said, that's not Mags's fault they are just looking for a fight. As a roamer/havoc I can defend Mag since they also have a lot of them if its not all of them. But don' inflate their ego. Like all servers they have good and bad players. Sometimes you need to attack more than you have to see how far you can push it. 

• Confused 1

Many of you are missing the point of the Maguuma hate. Some of use don't care about WvW. Anet forces us into here for PvE reasons. We are locked out of PvE content because we can't get GOBs, or do dailies. Last week I literally had to camp flip for 17 hours for pips to finish Conflux. Do you think that's fun? It's unbelievable this situation is allowed to happen. Some of us don't like 1v1, 5v5 or roaming; that's what the PvP game mode is for. Some people like large scale battles.

ALL of this is impossible fighting Mag, and it's a terrible experience. It's probably the worst gaming experience I've had in any game. I asked someone from that server, and he said he didn't care because he's getting maximum pips. They want and enjoy this situation. They are not good players, they want free rewards while denying others. I am now at the point of blocking all Mag players, and I will kick them from groups in PvE content. They keep me from WvW content, I will keep them from PvE.

Edited by KevinEvo.7061
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

Many of you are missing the point of the Maguuma hate. Some of use don't care about WvW. Anet forces us into here for PvE reasons. We are locked out of PvE content because we can't get GOBs, or do dailies. Last week I literally had to camp flip for 17 hours for pips to finish Conflux Do you think that's fun? It's unbelievable this situation is allowed to happen. Some of us don't like 1v1, 5v5 or roaming; that's what the PvP game mode is for. Some people like large scale battles.

ALL of this is impossible fighting Mag, and it's a terrible experience. It's probably the worst gaming experience I've had in any game. I asked someone from that server, and he said he didn't care because he's getting maximum pips. They want and enjoy this situation. They are not good players, they want free rewards while denying others. I am now at the point of blocking all Mag players, and I will kick them from groups in PvE content. They keep me from WvW content, I will keep them from PvE.

This is IMO an unrelated issue. I've mentioned it many times in my server's team chat but if you're joining WvW for the rewards you're in for a bad time. If you aren't having fun playing a game... why are you playing...???

Kinda similar I guess but I have no fun being completely unable to frikken DO anything with the current setup. Blah blah blah maguuma is more skilled my butt. Hence my initial post proposing a solution.

That's more or less the reason I'm still doing this forums stuff. It's quite amusing to me.

Edited by exeggcuter.8394
Apparently that counts as a swear word w/e
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

Many of you are missing the point

We didn't miss anything. You're sad you can't/slow earn wvw rewards by pveing in the pvp game mode, and then complain about it in the wvw forums, asking for 50 different ways to nerf wvw or maguuma because they deny you the rewards. Welcome to pvp and wvw, denying your enemy rewards is the main point of pvping/wvw, you take their bags, you take their stuff, you don't give them yours.

Sorry, but if you don't like your situation then move servers, or don't force yourself into wvw, you can buy legendary weapons to bypass gob, and ascended is the same stats as legendary gear. Or go complain to anet to fix those problems in the general forums, go ask them to make another legendary ring for pve, go ask them for a way to earn gob in pve, and take yourself to raids if you want legendary gear, or go ask them to make overworld legendaries to earn. Instead of coming in the wvw forums asking for them to make it even easier/nerf pvp, to earn the easiest legendaries in the game. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

Many of you are missing the point of the Maguuma hate. Some of use don't care about WvW. Anet forces us into here for PvE reasons. We are locked out of PvE content because we can't get GOBs, or do dailies. Last week I literally had to camp flip for 17 hours for pips to finish Conflux. Do you think that's fun? It's unbelievable this situation is allowed to happen. Some of us don't like 1v1, 5v5 or roaming; that's what the PvP game mode is for. Some people like large scale battles.

I hate to say it, but you are right we don't get it. I will give you an example. I saw three players from the other side waiting for a Vet. Two were in base WvW tiers the third was a gold player. I went for that one. Its wasn't that I thought the other two couldn't fight because rank just means time spent in the game mode and they could be awesome sPvP players. I assumed the gold player would understand and know better, so yes they were target number one.

If you don't care about WvW, maybe you shouldn't be out there. Bring the GoB issue up with ANet, same with Conflux and find another option or solution, the forums have offered a number of them. That's not Mag's issue. Red is dead, as me and Xen have seen while trying to have our dance off in WvW. You can't blame players for fighting their way versus yours. If you don't bring numbers then you need to change your build fight style to handle it and plan on fighting small scale. But again that's no reason to call out a server.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Guillejhin.8964 said:

a lot of hate against mag and the only thing we do is play well help each other as a family :(.

https://i.imgur.com/eJ5p8ic.png

lol, don't worry I will get backlash for this but to me that's a good example of server pride side. The WR project needs to happen since we are where we are but Mag is a good example if I had to try and show peeps an example of what that might be defined as. I am still going to try and kill you peeps even when you zerg me but.....

2 hours ago, exeggcuter.8394 said:

Now I understand why you are far more skilled than anyone else on guild wars 2 @ arya. By sheer amount of time spent playing this game you've managed to perfect everything the game has to offer. Clearly I need to condense my gameplay habits down to one game. Then I'd have the skill required to beat Mag.

obs likely did the same. I should follow his example and play Guildwars 2 more.

I don’t pve, my 10,000 hours of play time are wvw only. It’s something I enjoy. I have an alt account for the times the MAG match has nothing to offer. That’s when I play it. But of late I haven’t. I’ve been playing with friends on MAG new and old.

like previously posted, we on MAG are like a family. We all enjoy it here and the casual playstyle to win. I’ve often referred to the way I play the game as a COD hot join. Log in, get some kills and log out. There’s no waiting, there’s no 1 person that MAG depends on. It’s really just a group of people that enjoy playing and know the game. That’s why we always have people on. There is no set time raids. Or any of that buisness.

~obs

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah but no one on any server does a headcount on who should respond.

"Hey guys there's 10 blue people at south bay, please we only need 10 to respond thank you!"

Then why do you think people ask the question about numbers all the time?

Some players are fully aware of the numbers game and don't find anything enjoyable about pressing the W key and tapping 1.  So they try to avoid piling on when they can.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

Or rather other servers do have at least some of these more skilled players, but most of them only show up to raid with the commanders they know and trust, and when that commander tags down, they quit.

Or only show up when each other are online to play together.  Or just don't play eight hours a day.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Or only show up when each other are online to play together.  Or just don't play eight hours a day.

It didn't used to be that way.  Back when there was much less of a cliff between guild groups and pugmander groups, the pugmander groups consisted of a lot of guild players.  But now even with guild players the pugmander groups would lose 90+% of the time, so it's no longer worth those players time to show up outside of the raid, and it's no longer worth having pugmanders except for a bit of backcapping.

1 hour ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

We are locked out of PvE content because we can't get GOBs, or do dailies. Last week I literally had to camp flip for 17 hours for pips to finish Conflux.

Conflux is not PvE content.  Neither are WvW dailies.  Neither are any legendaries that require GoB.  They're "all game modes" content.  LMAO.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Then why do you think people ask the question about numbers all the time?

Some players are fully aware of the numbers game and don't find anything enjoyable about pressing the W key and tapping 1.  So they try to avoid piling on when they can.

They want to know if they can take on those numbers, seen plenty of "fight" groups that are ok with plowing through any numbers.

If a blob is running 40 people they wouldn't necessary leave what they are currently doing, like if they are fighting another zerg atm,  to go fight say 10 people, especially on another map. If a group of 15 are on the map and get the call to fight a blob they probably wouldn't bother unless it's defense and more are responding. But no where in there does a scout tell people to only bring this amount because this amount is here. The scout makes the call, however many show up is randomly up to player whims.

So again ridiculous that people think 40 responding to 10 is unfair when players don't control who's going to show up, and in mags case they tend to run roamer heavy, so if you make a call somewhere they are going to show up if they're not busy, because they are always chasing fights, and in matches where the enemy are not even playing there's even more of them free to show up.

Let's not pretend they are the only server that shows up with numbers to a fight, so ridiculous when we've been subjected to numbers bullying for years by every server in every match in practically every hour of the day.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

It didn't used to be that way.  Back when there was much less of a cliff between guild groups and pugmander groups, the pugmander groups consisted of a lot of guild players.  But now even with guild players the pugmander groups would lose 90+% of the time, so it's no longer worth those players time to show up outside of the raid, and it's no longer worth having pugmanders except for a bit of backcapping.

Not clear what timeframe you are referring to exactly.

It's just player attrition.  It's not that it's no longer worth those players time.  It's that they don't feel any need to play 8 hours a day anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

Gee I wonder what we could blame that gap on.

5 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

But no where in there does a scout tell people to only bring this amount because this amount is here.

OK, next time I see a scout do this, I will screenshot it for you, alright?

True PPT players will always care about optimizing usage of available resources on a map.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

OK, next time I see a scout do this, I will screenshot it for you, alright?

True PPT players will always care about optimizing usage of available resources on a map.

Sure be my guest, the only thing close to this I've seen is people saying they need a couple people to handle a couple roamers at a camp, never seen anyone call for an even group to handle a group. True ppt players, lmao maybe I have them on ignore lol. 🤭

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Sure be my guest, the only thing close to this I've seen is people saying they need a couple people to handle a couple roamers at a camp, never seen anyone call for an even group to handle a group.

Why are those things somehow different?  The principle of asking for even numbered force is the same.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Why are those things somehow different?  The principle is the same.

Because those calls are usually to add a couple more people, not a limit on how many to show up, it doesn't happen when you call in for larger groups. Players do not limit who should show up, nor do they have control over who would show up. You can call in for 2 more roamers for that camp to handle 2 roamers, but that doesn't somehow prevent 5 random roamers from showing up.

When a mag scout reports 10 at a tower and 40 roamers show up, well those 10 should pay better attention to the server they're playing against, and if they've been scouted if they're trying to be sneaky. Not really much different than playing against BG or FA for that matter.

• Confused 1