Which Race do you resonate more with, Culture Wise?

The Race you resonate more with?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your Race.

• Humans and the 6 Gods
    • Norn and the Spirits of the Wild
    • Asura and the Eternal Alchemy
    • Sylvari and the Ventari Tablet
    • Charr and "Rely on Steel, Not false Gods"

On 1/21/2023 at 1:56 PM, Valkan.6514 said:

i cannot think about external problems with Charr besides the war against humans.

Each race has a personal grudge with one of the 5 "core" elder dragons. Asura vs Primordus, Norn vs Jormag, Humans vs Zhaitan, Sylvari vs Mordremoth and Charr vs Kralkatorrik. Kralkatorrik awoke in the blood legion homelands and before we travelled to the desert, the charr were the only race that had to face the branded.

• Thanks 1

Norn - The only sensible choice. Eatin, drinkin, and breedin. All day every day. It's the perfect life. And they have an economy that' s actually sustainable, unlike the Charr and Humans who are somehow too dimwitted to realize that the world has finite resources.

Silvari - Like Norn but can't breed so why bother?

Asura - Yeah, have fun living in a world where every other race is mentally stunted compared to you. That would be like being stuck in sPVP for your entire life. Economy is currently a death spiral but research into the Fractals could possibly make them safe for harvesting resources.

Humans - Invasive species of expansionist wannabe colonizers with a death spiral economy. Funny enough, your chances of being victimized by another human is even greater than being victimized by another race so you're not even safe among your own kind.

Charr - Warmongering autocratic fascist expansionist wannabe colonizers with a death spiral economy and rampant pollution. The only good thing they ever did was cripple the development of the humans. The Charr are the greatest long-term threat to the survival of Tyria as we know it. Aside from all that, being a big ol kitty cat would be pretty cool.

Edited by Barabbas.8715
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

While I'd like to consider myself more in an Asura-ish point of view, I have a natural kind heart and I'm a little naive, trying to find good in people while I'm struggling with my own inside shadows, I wish the world would be more connected and I love plants, woods and nature, so yeah, I'm totally a Sylvari.

On the other way, I absolutely consider Charr's "me have the bigger kitten and me shot you and who cares about my children and my teeth don't fit in my mouth, roar" culture absolutely unlikable, but it appears to be liked by a lot of people, meh.

• Like 1

Sylvari. I agree with everything Ventari's tablet teaches us.

Barabbas.8715: "Silvari - Like Norn but can't breed so why bother?" - I'm childfree so this is a huge plus, lol. (Sylvari can have sex but they are sterile, lucky salads).

Edited by Sylvari.2953
  • Haha 1