Is warrior good now in PVP?

Kuzuryu.7359

I left the game shortly after EoD release and up until then I was dedicating my time to learn how to play warrior in PVP. Needless to say I struggled hard, took a lot of effort to make into go G2 with a 5050 winrate. 

I came back to the forum and seeing a lot of people complaining about spellbreaker in pvp as the new meta. I remember just as I left, spellbreaker was further nerfed in WvW with WoD nerf. 

I know it's being a while and I hope some one could update me on the states of Warrior in general.

Spell is solid right now, around A tier. Some spellbreaker builds hard counter some popular builds, which helps it perform even better. 
Specific aspects of the hammer and LB build need tuning, but it’s by no means overly strong, just easy to play and annoyingly tanky (with a gimmicky damage source on hammer). 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Spell is solid right now, around A tier. Some spellbreaker builds hard counter some popular builds, which helps it perform even better. 
Specific aspects of the hammer and LB build need tuning, but it’s by no means overly strong, just easy to play and annoyingly tanky (with a gimmicky damage source on hammer). 

I played with the Hammer dagger spellbreaker build using bunker amulet and tempest runes prior to EOD, it's really good dualist build able to keep at least 2 people busy on node. I didn't find that play style particular fun since I'm really not doing much damage. Most fight ends in enemy just back off because they are wasting too much time on me. 

21 minutes ago, Kuzuryu.7359 said:

I played with the Hammer dagger spellbreaker build using bunker amulet and tempest runes prior to EOD, it's really good dualist build able to keep at least 2 people busy on node. I didn't find that play style particular fun since I'm really not doing much damage. Most fight ends in enemy just back off because they are wasting too much time on me. 

You can do massive damage on hammer SpB.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIh7lNwUYhMMWJe+X+vVA-zZIPkGVCZKCCZCYiBA

I usually prefer to run cleansing ire over stalwart strength because there's usually at least one problematic condi spec on the other team. But stalwart strength will give you your best damage results.