I need help with my open-world Mirage build.

GW Noob.6038

I haven't played my Mirage in about 4 years and I want to play her again in open-world events like the HoT metas, world bosses, etc.. I just dusted her off - she's wearing some Trailblazer equips, no runes, a pistol, and a greatsword! I'm not sure wtf is going on there but it ain't looking good! I like to be as mobile as possible when I'm doing these events, so I want to stay away from melee builds if at all possible. Anyways, what do you guy's use for these kinds of events? Post a video, if possible, of your favorite build in action. Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, GW Noob.6038 said:

I've seen 3-4 different builds, what makes this one special?

Based upon what you described in your OP, I think the description of this build says it best:

A power-based farm build for mirage meant specifically for farming in open world. This build is widely considered one of the best options for farming in a zerg, especially when fast tagging matters.

If you want to optimize your time in Open World Meta Events and other group encounters, tagging as much as you can matters, and this build is one of the best in the game.  It is fairly easy to use, and most players end up tweaking it to suit their playstyle.

4 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Based upon what you described in your OP, I think the description of this build says it best:

If you want to optimize your time in Open World Meta Events and other group encounters, tagging as much as you can matters, and this build is one of the best in the game.  It is fairly easy to use, and most players end up tweaking it to suit their playstyle.

I'm not really interested in farming, per se, I just want to do maximal DPS while scooting around the map. It seems like everyone has a different build for that. 😄

8 minutes ago, GW Noob.6038 said:

I'm not really interested in farming, per se, I just want to do maximal DPS while scooting around the map. It seems like everyone has a different build for that. 😄

Well, yeah, take the core design of the build and modify it to suit how you play.  The suggestion I presented is based around using Ranged/Not Melee and Mirage.  Greatsword fits the bill for ranged since the other options are not as strong.

If you want to try out the other eSpecs, you could do a Power Greatsword Chronomancer build, or a Condi Dagger Virtuoso.  Unfortunately, Staff Mirage is melee, and there aren't any builds using Staff or Scepter outside of that.

30 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Well, yeah, take the core design of the build and modify it to suit how you play.  The suggestion I presented is based around using Ranged/Not Melee and Mirage.  Greatsword fits the bill for ranged since the other options are not as strong.

If you want to try out the other eSpecs, you could do a Power Greatsword Chronomancer build, or a Condi Dagger Virtuoso.  Unfortunately, Staff Mirage is melee, and there aren't any builds using Staff or Scepter outside of that.

Staff is melee, greatsword is ranged...hilarious! Thanks, bro!

• Confused 1

A bit outdated, but the playstyle and mechanics still remain the same, and this is still one of the top performing specs in open world. You can solo literally anything and because of group wide alac and might, you will be welcomed in all metas and strikes. I go axe/pistol+staff, but you can easily go double staff if you want to stay at ranged, or even staff/GS if that really suits your fancy.

This build is super mobile and because it's condi, once a mob reaches like ~30% hp, you can just move on because it will die chasing you. Makes for fast trash clears in open world, and the trick of putting sigil of stamina on axe means you can just spam dodges in AOE and chain-kill situations, and your axe ambush is very very powerful.

Example:

This is the dps you're more or less looking at, I can solo all HoT champs in under 2mins, most under 1min except shroom queen because she doesn't fight fair.

Enjoy never being hit ever again. This build is essentially immune to all CC and damage.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 1

duel GS all zerker power build with stamina sigils can be hilarious fun in meta events too if they have tons of trash spawns to get stam refills off and energy paired to get more on swap. =p I just use in halloween lab but its fun. If you use other stats like cele or somthing w concentration you can also potencially have perm swiftness on it w the sigil but at the cost of dps. Some times thats ok tho.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:41 AM, Waffles.5632 said:

A bit outdated, but the playstyle and mechanics still remain the same, and this is still one of the top performing specs in open world. You can solo literally anything and because of group wide alac and might, you will be welcomed in all metas and strikes. I go axe/pistol+staff, but you can easily go double staff if you want to stay at ranged, or even staff/GS if that really suits your fancy.

This build is super mobile and because it's condi, once a mob reaches like ~30% hp, you can just move on because it will die chasing you. Makes for fast trash clears in open world, and the trick of putting sigil of stamina on axe means you can just spam dodges in AOE and chain-kill situations, and your axe ambush is very very powerful.

Example:

This is the dps you're more or less looking at, I can solo all HoT champs in under 2mins, most under 1min except shroom queen because she doesn't fight fair.

Enjoy never being hit ever again. This build is essentially immune to all CC and damage.

Thanks for all the info!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 12:56 PM, Moradorin.6217 said:

duel GS all zerker power build with stamina sigils can be hilarious fun in meta events too if they have tons of trash spawns to get stam refills off and energy paired to get more on swap. =p I just use in halloween lab but its fun. If you use other stats like cele or somthing w concentration you can also potencially have perm swiftness on it w the sigil but at the cost of dps. Some times thats ok tho.

I already have full sets of berserker, celestial, and trailblazer available for her so I can afford to mess around a bit with the builds. I'll try the GS farmer build first, then try celestial. I have way more fun killing 1,000 trash mobs than one big boss! >.>

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, GW Noob.6038 said:

I already have full sets of berserker, celestial, and trailblazer available for her so I can afford to mess around a bit with the builds. I'll try the GS farmer build first, then try celestial. I have way more fun killing 1,000 trash mobs than one big boss! >.>

Yeah the dual gs build can be super fun when u have enough mobs to keep the light show going strong. It can be hilarious.

The only real downside to Mirage in general is maintaining high DPS when you are under alot of pressure. Much like the other light armor classes your damage realises on you not being focused or attacked (you need all 3 clones). 

When I compare my two mains, one being Ranger and other being Mesmer. My Ranger can fight alot better under pressure.

Mesmer in particular in my opinion doesn't benefit much from spreading itself to thing with Celestials stats. I personally would just use pure Vipers with Choas runes on Mirage with cheap lifesteal food. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2