removed

Deadmoose.6594

It's really surprising how a game mode can irritate the kitten out of its players. 

On any given day I can say, 9/10 I stop playing cause I'm on the brink of pulling my hair out. 

I honestly don't get the business model. Frustrate the pvp community until they wish they've never heard of Gw2 Pvp? Is that what brings in the money? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stallic.2397 said:

I honestly don't get the business model. Frustrate the pvp community until they wish they've never heard of Gw2 Pvp? Is that what brings in the money? 

"The one guy in the back" isn't spending enough money to justify dedicated sPvP developers, so PvE developers work on sPvP when they have free time.

At least it feels that way.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stallic.2397 said:

It's really surprising how a game mode can irritate the kitten out of its players. 

On any given day I can say, 9/10 I stop playing cause I'm on the brink of pulling my hair out. 

Seems that pretty much the idea, Arenanet does not like competition, weird considering the name. If you look at anything that has anything with competitive element in the game you can see that it has been made redundant or killed off, mini games , race events or whatever have kitten tier rewards or have been almost hidden. 
They have focused on PVE Story nonsense for really long, since yes it is entertaining and draws the crowd but Arenanet can't produce enough of it to keep people engaged and it does require huge amount of work so it pulls recourses from everything. The trouble here is that the game is an MMO and not a single player open world RPG. Even their PVE content suffers cause it focuses allot on Story and Open world maps while group content received as much as PVP and WvW attention at one point.
The thing is PVP is really good thing to keep Updated for the Content Droughts in PVE that happen all the time since production can't keep up with the demand by default, but in all their wisdom Arenanet dropped all updates for PVP and WVW in between IBS and EOD when they needed it the most.
Also I'm Inclined to believe that they don't have that many skill designers or they got laid off/left since no point in having people work on that, Gem store is bringing the money anyway, why should we bother with the one thing you do all the time in the game.
It has been getting better with the balance patches after the BANNER REWORK REBELION patch but really slowly and there is just too much nonsense that has to be reworked , since there is too much overkill stuff even from previous expansions. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Seems that pretty much the idea, Arenanet does not like competition, weird considering the name. If you look at anything that has anything with competitive element in the game you can see that it has been made redundant or killed off, mini games , race events or whatever have kitten tier rewards or have been almost hidden. 
They have focused on PVE Story nonsense for really long, since yes it is entertaining and draws the crowd but Arenanet can't produce enough of it to keep people engaged and it does require huge amount of work so it pulls recourses from everything. The trouble here is that the game is an MMO and not a single player open world RPG. Even their PVE content suffers cause it focuses allot on Story and Open world maps while group content received as much as PVP and WvW attention at one point.
The thing is PVP is really good thing to keep Updated for the Content Droughts in PVE that happen all the time since production can't keep up with the demand by default, but in all their wisdom Arenanet dropped all updates for PVP and WVW in between IBS and EOD when they needed it the most.
Also I'm Inclined to believe that they don't have that many skill designers or they got laid off/left since no point in having people work on that, Gem store is bringing the money anyway, why should we bother with the one thing you do all the time in the game.
It has been getting better with the balance patches after the BANNER REWORK REBELION patch but really slowly and there is just too much nonsense that has to be reworked , since there is too much overkill stuff even from previous expansions. 

True.

But considering the quality of the devs in terms of game- and class- knowledge/ understanding and their biased unprofessional behavior, you really can't even hope for more balance moves. They tend to make the game just worse and worse, not better.

And tbh a community asking for buffs to their classes in a power creeped and brainless gamestate as we have since years doesn't exactly help either.

• Like 3