Hey guys! Havn't played in 3-4 years, whats new?

erKo.9586

Hi all! Hope you all enjoying life and gw2. 

How is WvW doing these days? I think I played last time in about 3-4 years ago, I think i remember that there were big changes coming to GW2 with removing servers to something else? 

If someone is kind to take your time to just post the biggest changes in WvW, I would be really grateful.

Have a good one! ❤️ 

22 minutes ago, erKo.9586 said:

How is WvW doing these days? I think I played last time in about 3-4 years ago, I think i remember that there were big changes coming to GW2 with removing servers to something else? 

If someone is kind to take your time to just post the biggest changes in WvW, I would be really grateful.

Have a good one! ❤️ 

The world restructuring project is still progressing, we get to beta test it for a week every few months, the past year and half, we had one last month, maybe we'll get another next month, or march, or who knows...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/69-wvw-world-restructuring-beta-feedback/

We apparently have some qol stuff coming on tuesday, which they rarely do for wvw, and they don't talk to us so who knows what's in that. Next balance pass preview also coming next week.

Other than that, nothing else big has really happened other than major balance changes. In feb 2020 we had a major reduction to damage (like 30% overall) to everything in wvw, and damage taken off mostly from cc skills. In more recent balance passes they've tried to get other support specs to be relevant, as scrapper and firebrands ruled the group meta, now tempest and druids have a place, or outright replaced scrapper for some.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:43 PM, erKo.9586 said:

I think I played last time in about 3-4 years ago, I think i remember that there were big changes coming to GW2 with removing servers to something else?

Yeah, old management decided to abandon that, a few years ago, without telling the players.

New management promised that WvW is now a "cornerstone of the game" and promised to re-start working on that changes.

They did show some progress and made several "alliance betas" last year (they were more like alpha-tests where players were used as involuntary guinea pigs), so they work(ed) on that.

Judging by the visible progress, the WvW team seems very small and they are years away from completing the changes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

If a skill deals hard CC, it now deals damage you can count on one hand.

If a skill removes boons, it's likely been nerfed to remove far less boons.

Celestial now includes concentration and expertise, and is thus the king gear for any roaming spec that can fart out Might to compensate.

Edited by LSD.4673
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/26/2023 at 4:43 PM, erKo.9586 said:

Have a good one! ❤️ 

Literally nothing. Oh wait, outnumbered pips are gone and repairing gates/walls doesn't give the player participation. Welcome back.

• Like 3

Welcome back,

1. The blob meta classes has shifted a bit (but not that much). It would be unecessary long to list every changes but generally speaking your meta build from of 3-4 years ago will still be at least relevant today even though you may need to update some trait here and there.
  2. The roaming meta is still about playing what feels right but you may want to get more mobility than what you are used to.
  3. Celestial gear got buffed with Expertise and Concentration. As a result it has become more popular for roaming.
  4. Skills tend to do less damage, especially CC skills.
  5. Desert borderland Fire keep lord and Air keep lord use their CC attack less often. You can now escape from the Air keep Lord "donuts shape attack" with stability.
  6. Server linking and transfers are still a thing but WvW restructuring is visibly progressing and you may see a beta once in a while. If you want to get the most out of it, you may want to join a guild.
  7. Pips got changed a bit. This change was aimed so the average player gain marginally more pips than before. Outnumber bonus pips are gone though so your mileage may vary.
  8. Siege engine can no longer be placed into shallow pool of water to prevent some exploitative siege placement but some legitimate spot also got caught in the blast. Most notably, placing siege to open the aqua gate on Valley got tricky as a result.
  9. Boon, ongoing skill effect and Traps (including WvW specific traps) are now removed when you switch build. (It was done to increase game stability if I remember correctly)
  10. Repairing walls no longer count as actively participating.
  11. When you successfully queue for a map you now have more time to click on the join button.
  12. They removed some neutral critter on the Borderland to improve performance.
  13. Conflux and Slumbering conflux (The WvW legendary ring) is now the same item and you can wear two of them ; as all legendary items they are now usable by all of your toon (as if you had multiple copy).
  14. Interacting with an anvil at spawn no longer repair your armor, it now instead gives you a small tanking long lasting buff instead.
  15. EoD added a thing called the jade bot. For WvW it basically gives you a tiny bit more loot when you cleave adversaries.

I hope that helps! 🙂

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Thanks 1