How Jade Bots could change Open World content

22 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

A Area Rezz area for fully downed one ( huge cooldown)

Further diminishing downstate/deaths, rewarding slacking and trivializing content. That sounds like a terrible idea. x

A Selfie camera

Ok

Mini games in cities to collect those coins

Maybe, depends on the exact implementation.

Summon Crafting stations trading post ( huge cooldown)

Works against player hubs, including vip passes and diminishes the reason for existance of permanent/temporal "express" utility items, so probably a big no.

Gathering ur home instance I gave that Butler idea a while ago

Consistently can't unsee this as an attempt to turn it into one of those automated incremental/clicker/mobile games. So that's probably a no from me.

Bot Race (not my wish but ya)

Ok, but also depends on the implementation because it's potentially too striaghtforward/easy to reasonably be a race?

Incease numbers of battery charges ( I personal hate this power creep but that would be a QOL increase)

I don't think that's needed, I think it's fine as it is..

Bot CC charges to replace the stations which would free us from being forced going to a certain map to get it

I'm not sure I understand what this means. "bot cc charges"?

Edited by Sobx.1758
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Further diminishing downstate/deaths, rewarding slacking and trivializing content. That sounds like a terrible idea. x

Ok

Maybe, depends on the exact implementation.

Works against player hubs, including vib passes and diminishes the reason for existance of permanent/temporal "express" utility items, so probably a big no.

Consistently can't unsee this as an attempt to turn it into one of those automated incremental/clicker/mobile games. So that's probably a no from me.

Ok, but also depends on the implementation because it's potentially too striaghtforward/easy to reasonably be a race?

I don't think that's needed, I think it's fine as it is..

I'm not sure I understand what this means. "bot cc charges"?

CC= Crowdcontrol

If I would be Anet I never would had introduced Bots anyway

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Jade bot is a nice idea but it needs to evolve further.

The jade-bot was a nice idea that wasn't thought through to the end and was implemented only half-heartedly.

The only new thing about the Jadebot is the cute little remote controlled drone. Everything else is just buffs/boons for stats, auto-loot/salvage. And the personal revive and personal waypoint were already in game before.

Rather than littering the world outside of the EoD maps with workbenches (and charges), Anet should have allowed the Jade Bot drone/settings to be used/changed without a stationary workbench and the drone should be worked on to make nice selfies with it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

CC= Crowdcontrol

If I would be Anet I never would had introduced Bots anyway

ah, when I read "station" next to the jadebot, I though it's about jadebot workbench somehow, so I didn't understand the connection to CC, but it's about the pulse from waystations, ty for explaning. Might not be a bad idea (if anet wants to keep the balancing of the gameplay with waystation cc in mind), but it's still just stacking more free cc, so not sure how I feel about it. If anything, it would probably need to share the cc cooldown imo.

• Confused 1

On 1/31/2023 at 7:20 PM, AlenaVolkova.8179 said:

I thought the self-revive, and the service upgrades are good enough? If anything, they're useful version of Servitors from WH40K to me, and PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH for these Jade Bots.

Blasphemy 👀 Gods, dragons, nations—soon all will grovel at the feet of Palawa Joko!

Praise Joko! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...