Thieves...

On 2/3/2023 at 6:50 AM, Melancholy Forever.3965 said:

have nothing to do in WvW.

They are designed around conquest, so they are forced to reveal themselves to fight, and come close to capping area to defend/pressure.

Everytime i go in WvW, i feel a huge injustice in seeing some alone thieves litterally farming zergs full of other classes that can't catch them, and even damage them sometimes.

Nothing can catch up. Even a good player shouldn't be able to stand up to 10+ people, and be free to disengage and come back that easily. Without the pressure of a PVP map objectives, their escaping tools become OP.

I know this has already been discussed and not modified, but i still wanted to say it.

It is just my opinion,

thank you for reading 🙂

Unfortunately, GW2 is that special kind of game where the developers thought virtually unlimited stealth and mobility were a healthy basis for class design in competitive play.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2023 at 11:20 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

As a ranger, 9/10 thieves are free bags.  The last 1/10 either outskills or runs.

Also, how are people dying to thief on cele harb or willbender? Or spellbreaker? Or condi virt? Or any elementalist build? 

Like, I think a lot of this boils down to either get better at your class/build if you are roaming away from a group or stop roaming away from a group.  I see so, so many people play 'chase the thief' then die, for literally zero gain. 

Just like in PvP where it's bad to just be randomly fighting behind a tree off-node, its bad in WvW to be fighting randomly behind a tree away from any meaningful objective (unless you're dueling).  

Well, if you're anything other than scepter elementalist you're either pushing a stalemate with a cele build or you're a free bag.  Most classes don't have a counter to stealth built into their easy ranged kill combo like ranger does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Wise dodge.

3 hours ago, Creativity.3816 said:

"I haven't played Ranger, so I'm operating based on GW2Wiki here"

~Gotejjeken.1267

I see I got the thief mains riled; which honestly isn't all that hard.  I guess since ranger is the natural predator to thief?

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Well, if you're anything other than scepter elementalist you're either pushing a stalemate with a cele build or you're a free bag.  Most classes don't have a counter to stealth built into their easy ranged kill combo like ranger does.

There's enough active defense / teleport spam going on now to safely avoid Sic' Em longbow most of the time though (assuming that's what easy kill ranged combo means).  This goes for any class really.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 2