Feb 3 preview thoughts: Signet of Stamina

Ovark.2514

Signet of Stamina: It's true that basically no one takes this skill in PvP even though it provides absurdly good 100% uptime un-stripable vigor and full condition cleanse. The reason people don't take it is that there are only so many utility skill slots you can dedicate to defense without sacrificing a lot of offensive effectiveness. While signet of stamina is very strong, it is notably NOT a stunbreak and notably NOT instant activation (so you cannot use it while disabled) . The 0.25s activation (before quickness) is so fast however, that you will only ever be interrupted when your opponent is mindlessly spamming CC or you are hit with random aoe CC. This means there is little reason to even have a cast time imo because anytime it's interrupted it will feel random and un-earned. You could just give it instant activation and/or a stunbreak function but I'm 100% certain that would make this skill instantly broken in sPvP. My suggestions for this skill are as follows:

Let the changes you already have planned go through. IN ADDITION reduce the passive endurance gain to 25% instead of 50% AND Give the skill either a stunbreak or let it be insta-cast (can use while disabled). This does 3 things that are healthy for the game: It allows Vigor to still be valuable to the warrior as it is stronger than the 25%. It allows the skill be to useful in more builds since it is a stunbreak or at least insta-cast to remove conditions. Finally, it keeps warriors from becoming another Dare Devil from HoT launch which evade CONSTANTLY and are incredibly un-fun to play against.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Signet of Stamina: It's true that basically no one takes this skill in PvP even though it provides absurdly good 100% uptime un-stripable vigor and full condition cleanse. The reason people don't take it is that there are only so many utility skill slots you can dedicate to defense without sacrificing a lot of offensive effectiveness. While signet of stamina is very strong, it is notably NOT a stunbreak and notably NOT instant activation (so you cannot use it while disabled) . The 0.25s activation (before quickness) is so fast however, that you will only ever be interrupted when your opponent is mindlessly spamming CC or you are hit with random aoe CC. This means there is little reason to even have a cast time imo because anytime it's interrupted it will feel random and un-earned. You could just give it instant activation and/or a stunbreak function but I'm 100% certain that would make this skill instantly broken in sPvP. My suggestions for this skill are as follows:

Let the changes you already have planned go through. IN ADDITION reduce the passive endurance gain to 25% instead of 50% AND Give the skill either a stunbreak or let it be insta-cast (can use while disabled). This does 3 things that are healthy for the game: It allows Vigor to still be valuable to the warrior as it is stronger than the 25%. It allows the skill be to useful in more builds since it is a stunbreak or at least insta-cast to remove conditions. Finally, it keeps warriors from becoming another Dare Devil from HoT launch which evade CONSTANTLY and are incredibly un-fun to play against.

I run SoS frequently in PvP. It's great, but, like you point out, most builds don't have room for it. You'd have to make it a stunbreak in order to justify reducing the endurance regen though, at which point it would just be a "better shake it off".

Personally, I would keep the passive as it is, make it a stunbreak, but remove the active endurance gain, 40s CD.

its not taken because its not a good enough defensive option.

warrior is too strangled by its own design, with too many needs and very limited number of slots, you just can't afford to take anything different.

its all the risk but no reward. over time it has been balanced to be inferior.

a melee locked design with insufficient enablers and very unrewarding gains.

i'm excited to see how ranged bladesworn will play out. but then even if it ends up being good, it will not change the demise of the rest of warrior.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I may drop bulls charge for it and then drop shake it off for a different stunbreak since I won’t need the condi cleanse as much. Probably won’t be the best choice, but I want to try it out. If arms ever becomes decent, I could see dolyak, stamina, endure pain with signet trait.

5 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I may drop bulls charge for it and then drop shake it off for a different stunbreak since I won’t need the condi cleanse as much. Probably won’t be the best choice, but I want to try it out. If arms ever becomes decent, I could see dolyak, stamina, endure pain with signet trait.

Exactly.  I've been running Defense/Arms/Bladesworn for a bit now, and it's pretty solid (biggest issue is getting CC'd while in Dragon Trigger, which, alas, isn't getting helped this patch).  SoS works well here, as it's great condi clear, and the extra dodges fuel resistance from Resilient Roll.  And using the signet grants the ferocity buffs from signet mastery.

Now with Dolyak signet getting a reduced CD (which can be further reduced to 32s with the trait!!!), you could reasonably take endure pain, Dolyak, and Signet of Stamina.  You could even proactively use Dolyak signet to protect your DT, gain ferocity, and gain a +10% dmg mod from stalwart Strength.

This is one change that I am very, very excited about.  😄

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Exactly.  I've been running Defense/Arms/Bladesworn for a bit now, and it's pretty solid (biggest issue is getting CC'd while in Dragon Trigger, which, alas, isn't getting helped this patch).  SoS works well here, as it's great condi clear, and the extra dodges fuel resistance from Resilient Roll.  And using the signet grants the ferocity buffs from signet mastery.

Now with Dolyak signet getting a reduced CD (which can be further reduced to 32s with the trait!!!), you could reasonably take endure pain, Dolyak, and Signet of Stamina.  You could even proactively use Dolyak signet to protect your DT, gain ferocity, and gain a +10% dmg mod from stalwart Strength.

This is one change that I am very, very excited about.  😄

I'm excited too. But having played it a lot I know it's downsides too well. . .

• Like 1

I still think they should rework arms and let the signet passive stay up when you use the skill when traited, it is really good way to add some sustain to the traitline that doesn't have any.
And as the OP states signet actives are kinda bad and need some rework to get them out of 2012, yes people use Might and Fury but mostly because of the raw stats.

• Thanks 1