Herald-Draconic echo-quickness must have been trialed in pvp for a reason.

Phaeton.2961

Can we please look at alternatives as quickness didn't work out, like reduced activation time for some of the facets.
Slashing the spec by 33% dps and not to mention the survival from activating the stun lock prone facets faster with quickness is a huge nerf.
The quickness must have been tried in the first place because the facets are prone to being stunlocked into 3.5s recharge even after using stunbreaks. Don't just give up on this issue please.

Also the herald true nature consume is far below all other true nature consume effects and herald is the facet specialization and as such deserves an increase in potency such as 1k damage, a higher damage alternative to shiro true nature.

Thanks.

Edited by Phaeton.2961
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

• Phaeton.2961 changed the title to Herald-Draconic echo-quickness must have been trialed in pvp for a reason.
  • 2 weeks later...

Disagree on needing more quickness in pvp. You have multiple sources of active quickness - phase traversal, Brutality if you take that trait, and swapping to Shiro with Invocation traited. Herald can already have oppressive battlefield presence, and being interruptible is important counterplay. 

I do agree that Glint's True Nature consume in particular is too weak in PvP. It's great in PvE and WvW. Agree with Virdo's suggested change.

• Thanks 1

What causes people to call True Nature weak? Too much Shiro/Glint? It's free damage on Shiro, lots of Stab on Jalis, another clear for Ventari and Transfer for Mallyx.

Herald Boon duration extension is up to player creativity. It could be buffed with some duration but 3 seconds for anything ain't bad.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

What causes people to call True Nature weak? Too much Shiro/Glint? It's free damage on Shiro, lots of Stab on Jalis, another clear for Ventari and Transfer for Mallyx.

Herald Boon duration extension is up to player creativity. It could be buffed with some duration but 3 seconds for anything ain't bad.

They aren't. They are pointing specifically to GLINT's True Nature consume. Not the other legends'. They're saying prolonging boon duration in pvp is a relatively weak consume compared to Shiro's free damage, Jalis' stab, condi clear on Ventari and transfer on Mallyx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anonynja.3172 said:

They aren't. They are pointing specifically to GLINT's True Nature consume. Not the other legends'. They're saying prolonging boon duration in pvp is a relatively weak consume compared to Shiro's free damage, Jalis' stab, condi clear on Ventari and transfer on Mallyx.

There's not much to come up with though. Giving the same boons that are easily accessed like before is much more underwhelming. I think because most people just stick to Shiro, they don't have really the bigger picture of what it means for anything else.

I find the ability to extend boons pretty good, it's not the "best" thing to do but it's an option no less. If you Phase Traversal then you get to extend that for the benefit of Glint Stance rather than waste unblockables with attacks already unblockable.

If you have no conditions to transfer after stunbreak with no energy. That's more Resistance and Resolution etc.

I think that because it's not the best for Shiro shouldn't warrant a change.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:31 AM, Shao.7236 said:

If you Phase Traversal then you get to extend that for the benefit of Glint Stance rather than waste unblockables with attacks already unblockable.

True Nature (dragon) only increases boons, not effects like Unblockable, yes? So you could extend quickness briefly if you phase traversal -> swap legend -> consume true nature. I'm confused what you mean by not wasting unblockables.

At any rate, if you look up glint true nature on forums, most people find it underwhelming. I don't think it's a big issue but agree it could use some base damage. Tbh, true nature (demon) has a similar issue in that, as you said, you might not have condis to transfer, so if you consume it sometimes has zero effect. I don't have a strong opinion here because Herald is in a great place overall imo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Anonynja.3172 said:

True Nature (dragon) only increases boons, not effects like Unblockable, yes? So you could extend quickness briefly if you phase traversal -> swap legend -> consume true nature. I'm confused what you mean by not wasting unblockables.

At any rate, if you look up glint true nature on forums, most people find it underwhelming. I don't think it's a big issue but agree it could use some base damage. Tbh, true nature (demon) has a similar issue in that, as you said, you might not have condis to transfer, so if you consume it sometimes has zero effect. I don't have a strong opinion here because Herald is in a great place overall imo.

People use True Nature Assassin often after Phase Traversal which is not useful because you're using a unblockable for a unblockable. It's also bad on Anet doesn't allow stacks to stack, if you generate 2 from Ancient Echo before or after, they're wasted as they're used along the others.

Anyway, True Assassin is pretty good I don't think Herald True Nature needs to be any better with that, it already packs a lot of good skills.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Regarding the OP:

I think it was "trialled" simply because while the balance team has accepted the need for functionality splits between modes, they still want to keep them at a minimum. So if quickness on Draconic Echo facet use had proven to be balanced in sPvP, they could have left it in. It quickly proved to not be balanced, and so it was removed.

Power herald has been a dangerous, if unforgiving, spike build in sPvP for almost the entire time since HoT released. Doesn't take a lot to push it into being OP.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

People use True Nature Assassin often after Phase Traversal which is not useful because you're using a unblockable for a unblockable.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. I usually use True Nature assassin mid-teamfight so allies get it. I use phase traversal to chase and 'spend' the unblockables on sword2, sword4, or staff5 if I used it to reach a teamfight or stomp situation like at Capricorn's bell.