Done trying play WvW

RDBuck.6098

23 hours ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

I'm done talking about this I will not put my foot back on that platform again

I join in the regret in reading this. If I can be helpful with my words, I want to tell you that it is true that anything does not have to please everyone. This is a game and if it doesn't bring you any fun then you have made the right decision.

but I'll try anyway. You have to know that in this mode we are many players , so I can tell you with certainty that nothing is missing to get so much fun. Maybe you just have to change your perspective, for me it was curiosity that surpassed everything else. So I asked a lot of questions to understand how to best build my favorite class. what to use, with which weapons to combine it what should be used in that situation rather than in another etc. etc.

I was and maybe I am still curious, seeing other very good players stimulates my curiosity even more. Because the tools that all players use, we can use them all, so it's just a matter of putting all the pieces together in the best way for your playstyle.

With the sincere hope of having helped to rekindle your curiosity, I wish you good life and lots of fun wherever you can find it.✌️

Edited by Mabi black.1824

2 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

While we're at it, let's also ignore the fact that people may have made progress on the precursor, may already have some of the materials needed for the legendary, and that crafting a legendary feels way more achieving than simply buying it off the TP.

Definitely able to ignore that.

It's the player's responsibility to be aware of all the requirements when it comes down to undertaking a legendary. 
When people spread falsehoods like "X is required" when it's not, that means they clearly aren't aware of it. Now it's perfectly fine to not like this option, but it's not fine to act like it doesn't exist.

And regardless of what you may think, there's other people that would happily choose to just farm gold instead. So it's important they know about it, instead of wasting their time.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Definitely able to ignore that.

It's the player's responsibility to be aware of all the requirements when it comes down to undertaking a legendary. 
When people spread falsehoods like "X is required" when it's not, that means they clearly aren't aware of it. Now it's perfectly fine to not like this option, but it's not fine to act like it doesn't exist.

And regardless of what you may think, there's other people that would happily choose to just farm gold instead. So it's important they know about it, instead of wasting their time.

Wish someone told me most of Ge2 was not buyable, so much for the amazon forest of elder wood. You should of told me to pay for a gen 1 or whatever is buyable!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

While we're at it, let's also ignore the fact that people may have made progress on the precursor, may already have some of the materials needed for the legendary, and that crafting a legendary feels way more achieving than simply buying it off the TP.

Doubt people make that much progress on legendaries before knowing what's needed for it, including GoB. You're correct that crafting a legendary can feel way more achieving than simply buying it off the TP, but it seems in order for that sentence to remain true, the person going for the legendary to feel like they truly achieved it should be ready to do what the legendary acquisition process requires them to do. If they start complaining about parts of it because they want it easier/faster/more convenient then it kind of stops being about that "I achieved it" feeling and starts being about "I just want it more convenient for me".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Wish someone told me most of Ge2 was not buyable, so much for the amazon forest of elder wood. You should of told me to pay for a gen 1 or whatever is buyable!

Well you could have chopped the wood yourself; then you could have felt a sense of accomplishment.

-EA games, probably.

I dunno, sense and reason go out the window when it comes to gen 2. But hey, it's more gold to ecto gamble.

I wonder what's worse though. HoT map compleition or core completion.

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well you could have chopped the wood yourself; then you could have felt a sense of accomplishment.

-EA games, probably.

I dunno, sense and reason go out the window when it comes to gen 2. But hey, it's more gold to ecto gamble.

I wonder what's worse though. HoT map compleition or core completion.

HoT map completion is trivial with a hero point train and then some meta completions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

HoT map completion is trivial with a hero point train and then some meta completions.

Oh right, I play WvW, I wouldn't even need HP trains xD

Currently have one character at 70% Core Tyria compleition and I have 1 Verdant Brink map completion gift. Doing Tyria does give me 2 gifts.  And Tangled Depths might be a problem to complete again.

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Oh right, I play WvW, I wouldn't even need HP trains xD

Currently have one character at 70% Core Tyria compleition and I have 1 Verdant Brink map completion gift. Doing Tyria does give me 2 gifts.  And Tangled Depths might be a problem to complete again.

Before you go out and try to make a gen 2 remember the crystalline ore is annoying...

For desert mastery the funerary incense is even more infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Before you go out and try to make a gen 2 remember the crystalline ore is annoying...

For desert mastery the funerary incense is even more infuriating.

Yea I did one before and Crystaline is a bit annoying but it's really just grinding Dragon's Stand.

PoF.... yea I know of that; no ty.

How's EoD (gen 3) though?

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea I did one before and Crystaline is a bit annoying but it's really just grinding Dragon's Stand.

PoF.... yea I know of that; no ty.

How's EoD (gen 3) though?

I made a gen 3 around EoD launch time, there are only 4 maps so it is roughly on par with PoF mapping but with additional layers (verticality). The holdup is the currencies. Antique summoning stone is no longer as pricey so if you do not do strike CMs just buy those from the weekly Arborstone vendor (if you are impatient just buy off the TP). I do not think Dragons End meta is time effective whatsoever. All those imperial favor things you can shortcut via WvW reward track by converting the writs.