WvW Lag During Fights

Hi so when I'm playing WvW I get bad lag during fights. I was told a new GPU would fix this but I don't want to dump $800 for nothing to change. I have all my settings on low and it still lags. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650  GPU and an AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-core Processor. Any recommendations to fix my lag. And Guild Wars 2 is the only game/ download i have on this tower.

Thanks,

Jared

Edited by bbear.9140
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You can try using a Game Booster. That is a special kind of software that pretty much re-distributes your computers resources better. You can decide on which app/program/game you want to channel your resources. It is not a permanent change and can be enabled/disabled with a single button-press.

I've done it a few times in the past with older computers to get games and certain apps working, which are normally way out of their league. It works best for computers which are a little older. I can recommend Razer Cortex, which is FREEWARE and very easy to use. But if you google for "game booster", you will find other manufacturers as well. 

4 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

You can try using a Game Booster. That is a special kind of software that pretty much re-distributes your computers resources better. You can decide on which app/program/game you want to channel your resources. It is not a permanent change and can be enabled/disabled with a single button-press.

I've done it a few times in the past with older computers to get games and certain apps working, which are normally way out of their league. It works best for computers which are a little older. I can recommend Razer Cortex, which is FREEWARE and very easy to use. But if you google for "game booster", you will find other manufacturers as well. 

Thanks for the tip! I'm am going to check it out and i'll post back if it works well or not. Thank you! Note: on Razer I can increase my CPU usage but no where does it show i can optimize my game to GW2

Edited by bbear.9140
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

1.) Open the program
2.) Launcher => Games => +
3.) Select Guildwars 2 on your computer
4.) Start the game with the launcher

So far not much has changed. I still get lag whenever a group of people are using skills

Edited by bbear.9140
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Just to make sure, what kind of problems do you have in WvW exactly - FPS-drops?

As People tend to call different problems "lags" ( while some aren't even real lags), it's not clear, if a better CPU or GPU will even help.

It is whenever a group of people start moving around and using their skills I get FPS drops.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Thank you so much, I guess i need a whole new pc haha a lot of my stuff is out of date

Update it actually works a little bit, and I had way less lag in WvW fights today.

Edited by bbear.9140
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, bbear.9140 said:

Thank you so much, I guess i need a whole new pc haha a lot of my stuff is out of date

Update it actually works a little bit, and I had way less lag in WvW fights today.

Where are you playing from?
You issue may not be machine/PC related & instead related to what seems to be a widespread ping/lag issue GW2 players are experiencing right now : 

With that Ryzen 3 CPU nothing will help with wvw performance. If you seriously want to get smooth fps in wvw/events like leyline anomaly(reset), you need a 5800x3d or 7800x3d based system with a new board. Can keep rest of components from old system for now and upgrade later unless you go for latter which requires ddr6 memory.

Edited by fatihso.7258

I don't post much in these forums anymore but I think it will help responders more if op can confirm if this is an fps drop kind of lag or network related kind of lag because when I think of lag, it's automatically network related and yes, there is something beleaguering some players right now, particularly those with packets coming from asia. 

• Like 1