OMG! New fractal coming soonish!

We discussed this on my raid discord. I think they are targeting approximately 1 expansion+followup content per year (seems realistic from past content provided).

Which would put this at 1 fractal (with cm) and 2 strikes per year. A significant step up from recent past development.

How and where they will put additional fractals down the road once the 25 unique ones are full, time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

We discussed this on my raid discord. I think they are targeting approximately 1 expansion+followup content per year (seems realistic from past content provided).

Which would put this at 1 fractal (with cm) and 2 strikes per year. A significant step up from recent past development.

How and where they will put additional fractals down the road once the 25 unique ones are full, time will tell.

You mean until the next content drought and new promise of a wonderful plan to deliver less content on an even more "regular" schedule?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

You mean until the next content drought and new promise of a wonderful plan to deliver less content on an even more "regular" schedule?

Depends. What do you want to hear? That the studio is intentionally not delivering content? Maybe, they had the game scheduled for discontinuation from all that we know.

All I see right now are attempts at providing some semblence of regular content releases, and not only to living world, hopefully sustainable with the planned revenue system.

Will this succeed and last? Time will tell but until then, that is all we can look forward to.

It's not as though complaining or ripping on the studio will magically change the amount of resources used on developing the game. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

Depends. What do you want to hear? That the studio is intentionally not delivering content? Maybe, they had the fame scheduled for discontinuation.

All I see right now are attempts at providing some semblence of regular content releases, and not only to living world, hopefully sustainable with the planned revenue system.

Will this succeed and last? Time will tell but until then, that is all we can look forward to.

It's not as though complaining or ripping on the studio will magically change the amount of resources used on developing the game. 

It is what it is, right?  That's why it doesn't matter what you or I have to say about it.  It's also why it doesn't matter why they're doing what they're doing.  All that matters is the result. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It is what it is, right?  That's why it doesn't matter what you or I have to say about it.  It's also why it doesn't matter why they're doing what they're doing.  All that matters is the result. 

True, I for one look forward to more planed instanced content. I am hoping that this will continue to push the game forward towards a better state and hopefully grow again somewhat.

I see more of a chance of positive results with the current plan (though I do see the lack of larger expansions as critical, always have) versus what we had the last few years: all in on open world content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

And it looks like its meant to be part of an expanion cycle? New fractal cm every 2 years? They triple the output!

You really need to read up what has been written in that roadmap post. 😉  No more expansions, only Icebrood Saga-like living world content disguised as "expansions".

I doubt there will be many new Fractal releases anytime soon, just that one. But one is better than nothing and means Fractals aren't "dead". 😉 I am looking forward to it, and to the new Strike Missions as well.

• Confused 3

On 2/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

This is why they need to change fractal level system in general. Why the number is limited? Why not make a new tiers or just rework it all together how tiers work so that randomly when we have all unique ones in each tier it wouldnt be a reason to stop making fractals...