Temporal Enchanter needs a rework

madrono.9468

After testing, and if I'm not mistaken. The trait as it is right now gives the buffs to allies that are in the area of the glamour at the moment of its activation.

This presents different problems, at least in wvw (which is where I usually play). The first is that a glamour is rarely used right on top of your allies, it is more common to cast it at a point where you expect your allies to pass but if there is no one at the time of casting those buffs are lost.

The second is that the skill is practically unusable for the veil since its area is tiny and it is clearly not intended for a trait like this.

Perhaps it would make more sense if the buffs were for the closest allies or if the buffs were pulsed in the glamour area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, madrono.9468 said:

After testing, and if I'm not mistaken. The trait as it is right now gives the buffs to allies that are in the area of the glamour at the moment of its activation.

This presents different problems, at least in wvw (which is where I usually play). The first is that a glamour is rarely used right on top of your allies, it is more common to cast it at a point where you expect your allies to pass but if there is no one at the time of casting those buffs are lost.

The second is that the skill is practically unusable for the veil since its area is tiny and it is clearly not intended for a trait like this.

Perhaps it would make more sense if the buffs were for the closest allies or if the buffs were pulsed in the glamour area.

I do like the idea but the aoe should definitely be increased for the super speed application. 

Teleport and Viel are great uses for Super speed applications. 

• Confused 1

Or maybe just have Temporal Enchanter apply boons to those actually affected by the Glamour? I imagine that was the intended interaction in the first place. 

Null Field: Affects those inside the AoE

Portal: Affects those who took the Portal

Veil: Affects those Stealthed by Veil specifically

Time Warp: Affects those in AoE

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Or maybe just have Temporal Enchanter apply boons to those actually affected by the Glamour? I imagine that was the intended interaction in the first place. 

Null Field: Affects those inside the AoE

Portal: Affects those who took the Portal

Veil: Affects those Stealthed by Veil specifically

Time Warp: Affects those in AoE

Yes but for the areas I think the zone should pulse the the superspeed and resistence stacking for longer you are in the zone. its more fitting for the name and hyper charges time warp which is what youd expect from a trait that empowers a grandmaster. Single pulse of 2 seconds of superspeed and resistasnce is laughable...

• Haha 1

Just tested this trait and it works more or less how its understood in the tooltip for all the glamour except Veil. The radius seems to be about 130 units from the center of the Veil which is waaaay too small for it to be of any use. Even more so if you have Fast Casting w/ no indicator enabled. Absolute garbage the way it is now.

• Like 2