Do i need to do story on ALTs?

You do not need to do all the story on all your characters.

It is a simple way to get characters into new maps, but I don't think it's ever the only way. A lot of them are connected together so if you know where the entrance is you can just walk there (including things like going from Silverwastes into Verdant Brink). Living World maps have portal scrolls you can buy which can be used to teleport characters there, guild halls can be used to get into HoT, PoF and EoD maps (and once you're in one map from an expansion you can get to the others) and a teleport to friend item (plus a person willing to help) will get you into any map if you own that part of the game.

There might be some other things which are only accessible after you've done the story (like certain items available from vendors) I can't remember for sure, but then you can just switch to a character who has done it.

12 hours ago, Deathleecher.8532 said:

So i done most story in PoF on my old main, changed to warrior.

Do i need to do all the story again on my ALT?

If you mean can you finish the story with an alt (from where you left off with your old main), no you can not.  Story is character-centric. 

If you mean must you do the whole story with your alt to access the maps, no you do not.  (See above posts.)

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Map completion, Hero Challenges, Hearts and Story Progress are all character-bound. So if you want to have them on your new main, you will have to replay the story on that char.

Only Achievements are account-bound.

no that is absolutely not true. You ONLY need to do the story if you want to progress a specific living world episode or expansion on that exact point. NOTHING else is locked behind story

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sarius.9285 said:

no that is absolutely not true. You ONLY need to do the story if you want to progress a specific living world episode or expansion on that exact point. NOTHING else is locked behind story

Who said anything about "being locked behind the story"? I merely listed which things are character-specific and which are not.

Must be repeated per character for completion on that character:

• map exploration
  • waypoint unlocks
  • hearts and hero challenges
  • story progression in the story journal

Must only be done only once per account and can be done on any character:

• story-related and other achievements

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3