Bring Back More Stealth Time for Thief PvE

Blue D Phoenix.7260

I don't know what you might've been doing with Deadeye specifically, so sorry if it's something else. However, as for just stealing chests from under mobs or sneaking through entire open dungeons without fighting, it's still totally possible and always has been, with even just the core thief. It just requires a bit of trickery, which honestly makes it extra fun and "thief-like" imo.

If you drop Smokescreen under a wall, in a corner preferably, you can spam a leap finisher like Heartseeker into it, until you run out of initiative and stack stealth duration this way. Pistol 5 works for making a smoke field without the long cd as well, but the initiative cost means less stealth stacks during the window. Hope that helps~

Edited by Satarn.2510
  • Like 1

You can still do perma stealth pretty easily with Deadeye. And you don't really need perpetual stealth for a lot of situations; any thief type can stack up a good bit of stealth with Black Powder, or use Shadow Refuge to cover an important non-combat action (like claiming the Balthazar hero point in Auric Basin).

4 hours ago, Padrion.7382 said:

I liked it when I could just steal->backstab a mob.

For mucking around in open world, try using Steal in the middle of casting Cloak and Dagger. Teleports you to the enemy, C&D hits them in melee, then you have stealth so you can do your Backstab.

(Alternatively with Dagger/Pistol you can do Black Power, Heartseeker, teleport in the middle of the Heartseeker — you'll get the combo field stealth and the Heartseeker damage.)

Edited by ASP.8093

6 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

For mucking around in open world, try using Steal in the middle of casting Cloak and Dagger. Teleports you to the enemy, C&D hits them in melee, then you have stealth so you can do your Backstab.

Thanks for the advice. I will try if my newfound love for deadeye ever fades away 😉

• Like 1