15v50

Sparetent.9756

On 3/9/2023 at 2:41 PM, Mabi black.1824 said:

I think this observation of yours should open a broader reasoning. We have read many times this type of consideration that recalls past times where 20 can erase 50. My premise is that if we think that behind the scenes there are unwary development technicians, we are very far from reality.

I've also already written it, when we saw the recent class balance notes, the development knows everything, and has already defined the perimeter where it wants to take the ''style'' of combat of our mode. There is no right or wrong way. There is only the choice of that path and which direction development wants to take. Because they are two sides of the same coin.

If we get that 20 can erase 50 without major problems, it is natural consequence to create conditions of non-equilibrium between classes to obtain it. So you'll have players here complaining that the balance in this mode is garbage. In the same way we will get clashes that are resolved in a few seconds, just imagining, because if 20 cancel 50 it is because I allowed to build a heavy bomb to leave everyone on the ground.

So we will have players who come here on the forum to write that the fights are just garbage because they all solve themselves in the same way in a few seconds. and so on.

On the other hand, probably the part that the development has chosen, leads you to a more balanced game between the classes, and to more complicated clashes that are not resolved instantly, but that lead to two complete teams that cross over and over again.

So which part of the same coin is right and which is wrong? There isn't. Both are fun. Both have strengths and weaknesses. That's why I've written several times that when development gets your hands on balance it's one of the most complicated things to do.

Yeah, probably was their intentions

So when it's 20 beating 50, those are specialized groups who craft OP meta builds. It's far less common than the 50 ganking 20 regular players.

I'm so bored of joining WvW map (EB for example) that has a que of 20-30, you finally join, there's no tag. All I do is sit at a keep or somewhere, and tag the occasional enemy player to keep my contribution from decaying. YAWN.....

All these "private" squads and tags are ruining the game mode for the rest of us "normal" players who just want to have some fun.

Yet another day of being outnumbered and bored just to get the weekly chests....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

EBG is a busy map.

You could go take enemy camps?

You can go take towers on borderlands?

You could map hop and see if there's a tag running a small group? Or tag up yourself and get one going?

WvW is a sandbox, you do what you want to do, it's not a regular pve ktrain meta map.

If you sit in a keep semi afk waiting on enemies, that's kind of a "you" problem. 🤷‍♂️

Private squads don't owe you anything, they don't need to tag up for other people, they don't need to provide "fun" for you, that's the games job not other players.

Lastly, those players also want to have "fun", and they're doing it their way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 2:11 AM, Sparetent.9756 said:

Every week, it's the same boring nonsense in WvW.

No tags, when there finally is a tag, the poor guy gets berated from scrubs on the map that think they know everything, but don't have the nuts to tag up themselves. It generally makes for a very unpleasant and frustrating experience.

Even IF you manage to get into a tag and aren't doing too badly, it's usually 15-20 people versus groups of at least 49-50 enemies. Again, making for a frustrating and boring WvW experience.

I spend my time literally afking, typing here instead of enjoying the game, because we're being spawn-killed by [Hunt].

15v50 Sounds like Devonas Rest vs. others. Always outnumbered, for years already... 😄

But in my opinion, the biggest problem with WvW is that 3 servers with very wrong time zones get matched with each other. For example, sea vs eu na. Their prime time essentially never overlaps. And that's why there's 15 vs 50 all the time. In addition, the point system has caught up with the times. It is manipulated - many guilds not playing wvw in one week & also hidden squads etc so that you don't have to go and fight the Maguuma server. (Unintelligible fear). The weekly three server selection match could be random. And the point system could be more so that the server who wins the weekly match by points gets a slightly higher % of the loot next week.

I do wish more people just run as a group instead of constantly waiting for a tag to come save the day. You'll get it sometimes but it's actually a lot more fun with all of us kinda silently working together and following each other without a leader all the time. Not even in a squad, just running around and trying our best. Good times lol.

10 hours ago, Kain.9136 said:

I do wish more people just run as a group instead of constantly waiting for a tag to come save the day. You'll get it sometimes but it's actually a lot more fun with all of us kinda silently working together and following each other without a leader all the time. Not even in a squad, just running around and trying our best. Good times lol.

That's the play that I enjoy the most.

On 3/22/2023 at 3:34 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

So when it's 20 beating 50, those are specialized groups who craft OP meta builds. It's far less common than the 50 ganking 20 regular players.

I'm so bored of joining WvW map (EB for example) that has a que of 20-30, you finally join, there's no tag. All I do is sit at a keep or somewhere, and tag the occasional enemy player to keep my contribution from decaying. YAWN.....

All these "private" squads and tags are ruining the game mode for the rest of us "normal" players who just want to have some fun.

Yet another day of being outnumbered and bored just to get the weekly chests....

Question, how do you know there are private tags? Remember EBG will just draw a lot of people but doesn't mean those people are private tags. More often the private tags are off on the borderlands. What your issue might be is more of no tags. Are you seeing large groups of people moving around in the same direction clumped up? If so, yes that might be a private tag. But if you see that just run with them.

To answer members question, how do I know there are private tags. Yes, groups of clumped people running around together. When you right-click the one at the front of the pack, sometimes get option to "join squad" but no visible tag.

So what server do I need to move to in order to be on the team that has these groups and numbers? :\