Support Chrono

Roadkizzle.2157

Hey Peeps I know support chrono is not perfect but I think it could be a really fun build if a few things get tweaked ( like giving us Group Regen would be awesome and thematic, like time is slowly reversing.) Here is a build its similar to the build above in a lot of ways but i tweaked it to have a little less concentration because we have signet of Inspiration which can really pump the duration of our boons and everyone else. Plus we have regen on us almost all the time which boost our concentration by another 250. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYt7lNwaYHMFWJe6T5tPA-zRRYqR9zN4yo6UI9Kw3pBBbWAA-e

A rotation that i found works is as follows

Staff - 

Chaos Armor

Phantasmal Warlock

Chaos Strom

Phase Retreat in storm

Weapon Swap - Scepter Shield (Weapon swap is to be more defensive with blocks)

Continuum Shift with 3 clones

Well  of Eternity

Well of Precognition

Gravity Well

Spam shatters to trigger Bountiful Disillusionment

Cast Signet of Illusions to reset Shatters 

Spam Shatters again

Time Resets

Cast Wells

Signet of Inspiration

Spam Shatter

Cast Signet of illusion

Spam Shatter

I'm approximating the times because it might vary a little if I'm slow on key presses this is just kind of average so it might be higher or lower by a few stacks and seconds

(Quickness helps with this rotation if you don't have quickness you barley get off your 2nd shatter spam before time resets)

After this rotation you have 25 Might, 25+ sec alacrity, 40+ sec regen, 12 sec of 8 stability, 16 sec resolution, 25 sec fury, 18 sec swiftness, 25 sec Vigor, given 5 peeps Aegis 9 times 

I thought of another build which would give us and the party more protection and us more regen just swap monk runes for herald runes and swap Chaotic Potency for Chaotic transference

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYt7lNwaYHMFWJeyT5tPA-zRRYqR9zN4zoapQ6qAdONIYzCA-e

Let me know what you think peeps always open to critiques and opinions

Edited by Apheleion.8572

• 2 weeks later...

It stopped being useful besides a niche tank on 1 or 2 bosses when they removed the ability to provide both boons. 

Think about it: Post signet nerf all it did was quickness and alacrity and some aegis with signets in addition to mediocre damage since you needed a lot of boon duration and all your utility. So you still needed a healer that provided every other boon that is necessary (might, fury, swiftness, regen, prot and so on). Even then it wasnt played, even though you had a variety of healers to couple with it. Everyone already focussed on the hybrid dps + healer comp that did more damage. So what makes anyone think that a chrono now is desirable whatsoever when it can only provide 1 thing? If providing both quickness and alacrity was still so harmful, why did no one really play it anymore?

Power quickness chrono: only provides quickness and some niche utility for a dps loss. Completely outshined by other hybrids that do more damage or whatever.

Alacrity chrono power: Same issue except even less damage.

Any form of healer chrono: Just no. You need to cover the other boons and a hybrid dps wont cover them that well. We can talk about that again when chaos is unnerfed.

Fun fact: It had arguably the most "complex" rotation to provide its boons (imo). Compared to the spam and auto pulses nowadays anyway.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 4:35 AM, anbujackson.9564 said:

It stopped being useful besides a niche tank on 1 or 2 bosses when they removed the ability to provide both boons. 

Think about it: Post signet nerf all it did was quickness and alacrity and some aegis with signets in addition to mediocre damage since you needed a lot of boon duration and all your utility. So you still needed a healer that provided every other boon that is necessary (might, fury, swiftness, regen, prot and so on). Even then it wasnt played, even though you had a variety of healers to couple with it. Everyone already focussed on the hybrid dps + healer comp that did more damage. So what makes anyone think that a chrono now is desirable whatsoever when it can only provide 1 thing? If providing both quickness and alacrity was still so harmful, why did no one really play it anymore?

Power quickness chrono: only provides quickness and some niche utility for a dps loss. Completely outshined by other hybrids that do more damage or whatever.

Alacrity chrono power: Same issue except even less damage.

Any form of healer chrono: Just no. You need to cover the other boons and a hybrid dps wont cover them that well. We can talk about that again when chaos is unnerfed.

Fun fact: It had arguably the most "complex" rotation to provide its boons (imo). Compared to the spam and auto pulses nowadays anyway.

It is incredibly difficult to heal with a Chronomancer. Even with the Mantra of Pain change you can barely push out 3k HPS and only if people stack. 

Your can run Double feedback and get people up when they go down. It's on a roughly 25 second cooldown so that is your best bet to be helpful. Traited Signet of Inspiration can help with aegis/boons but you will lose some healing.

Mesmer is just not an ideal healer but it can still be effective in the right hands. 

Edited by ventress.4879
  • Confused 4

• 1 month later...

Would the Chrono be more acceptable support if it got better access to more defensive boons and debuffs?

Regeneration, more Protection, more Aegis, Stability, Vigor, more Weakness? It would be more of a defensive support even if not a true healer.

I've been enjoying playing a build similar to the support build earlier in this thread... But I've just used it in Solo open world.

But it's actually let me kill Hero Points bosses in Expansion areas that I could not do as a Power DPS build... Even if it's slower. 

Edited by Roadkizzle.2157
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Would the Chrono be more acceptable support if it got better access to more defensive boons and debuffs?

Regeneration, more Protection, more Aegis, Stability, Vigor, more Weakness? It would be more of a defensive support even if not a true healer.

Yes, but the problem remains that the healing is very delayed. Just a reversion of the Restorative Mantras could fix that up nicely. The old healing amount (half the current) on charge use instead of cast would net the same overall max healing, but would allow mantra charges to be used reactively instead of spam cast; which would be much more functional.

I'd also love to see a trait in inspiration that gives regen/protection. Not only would it make mesmer healers more meta, but it's thematically appropriate (think chaos aura). Or better yet, instead of (or in addition to) a trait, chaos aura could be given a transmute skill like elementalist auras. Detonate your chaos aura to cause confusion and grant regen/prot to allies. It would have to be on staff though, as a flip skill for chaos armor.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:18 PM, Micah.3789 said:

Yes, but the problem remains that the healing is very delayed. Just a reversion of the Restorative Mantras could fix that up nicely. The old healing amount (half the current) on charge use instead of cast would net the same overall max healing, but would allow mantra charges to be used reactively instead of spam cast; which would be much more functional.

I'd also love to see a trait in inspiration that gives regen/protection. Not only would it make mesmer healers more meta, but it's thematically appropriate (think chaos aura). Or better yet, instead of (or in addition to) a trait, chaos aura could be given a transmute skill like elementalist auras. Detonate your chaos aura to cause confusion and grant regen/prot to allies. It would have to be on staff though, as a flip skill for chaos armor.

Well nobody uses Scepter as an offensive weapon.

So if Chrono can get a decent amount of Regen on early pulses of at least the healing well and if Scepter gets some burst healing abilities then it may work better as it is.

On 3/13/2023 at 4:33 PM, Apheleion.8572 said:

Hey Peeps I know support chrono is not perfect but I think it could be a really fun build if a few things get tweaked ( like giving us Group Regen would be awesome and thematic, like time is slowly reversing.) Here is a build its similar to the build above in a lot of ways but i tweaked it to have a little less concentration because we have signet of Inspiration which can really pump the duration of our boons and everyone else. Plus we have regen on us almost all the time which boost our concentration by another 250. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYt7lNwaYHMFWJe6T5tPA-zRRYqR9zN4yo6UI9Kw3pBBbWAA-e

A rotation that i found works is as follows

Staff - 

Chaos Armor

Phantasmal Warlock

Chaos Strom

Phase Retreat in storm

Weapon Swap - Scepter Shield (Weapon swap is to be more defensive with blocks)

Continuum Shift with 3 clones

Well  of Eternity

Well of Precognition

Gravity Well

Spam shatters to trigger Bountiful Disillusionment

Cast Signet of Illusions to reset Shatters 

Spam Shatters again

Time Resets

Cast Wells

Signet of Inspiration

Spam Shatter

Cast Signet of illusion

Spam Shatter

I'm approximating the times because it might vary a little if I'm slow on key presses this is just kind of average so it might be higher or lower by a few stacks and seconds

(Quickness helps with this rotation if you don't have quickness you barley get off your 2nd shatter spam before time resets)

After this rotation you have 25 Might, 25+ sec alacrity, 40+ sec regen, 12 sec of 8 stability, 16 sec resolution, 25 sec fury, 18 sec swiftness, 25 sec Vigor, given 5 peeps Aegis 9 times 

I thought of another build which would give us and the party more protection and us more regen just swap monk runes for herald runes and swap Chaotic Potency for Chaotic transference

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYt7lNwaYHMFWJeyT5tPA-zRRYqR9zN4zoapQ6qAdONIYzCA-e

Let me know what you think peeps always open to critiques and opinions

Hm... did you forget that Chaos Aura and Bountiful Disillusionment grant the boons only to yourself? It does nothing for the other 4 people in your group or subgroup. And the most important part of Healer is to provide at least 25 Might, Fury, Regen, Protection and one of the key boons (Alac or Quick) to 5 people. That build would result in a 100% alac uptime, low group healing and some other boons sometimes for a low uptime.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:18 AM, Micah.3789 said:

Oh! I've never thought about a transmutation skill for Chaos Aura! This should have been in the game for a long time already, i'd love that.

All this would do is solidify Mirage as the Mesmer Support class further pushing the Chrono out of viability.

Giving the Alac Mirage even more boons with virtually nothing needed to do for it. Mirage already uses the Staff for its absurdly overloaded ambush skill. Adding Regen and Protection also onto the staff? 

1 hour ago, dead.7638 said:

God forbid mesmers have any boons

Was that regarding my post or just a general gripe about the class?

Because I think the class absolutely needs better boon generation. Hence creating this thread. I just want every specialization to be great instead of making one the goto pick at the expense of the others.