Help with combo field priority for stealth

zch.3127

I had thought that finishers were supposed to preferentially trigger effects off your own combo fields, but whenever I try to Black Powder + leap into stealth during a meta event or world boss or something, I almost always end up with a fire or light aura instead.

Is this user error, or is the priority not working?

Any stealth build that uses black powder and bound is pretty much unuseable when ally players are around you. Their fields instantly delete your smoke field. It's pretty negatively gamebreaking with such builds and will never be remedy'd by Anet. Just play Staff Daredevil and use Hide in Shadows if you need to CC.

Edited by Doggie.3184

My Smoke Field still gives me stealth from blast or whatever even when the rest of the zerg is dropping everything at the same time. Maybe I'm blasting fast enough or something before someone else's field is dropped but then landing Grasping Shadows accurately isn't super fast. I do have to pay attention and make sure my leap or blast actually hits it. It's like the least visible thing in that ball of light. 

2 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

My Smoke Field still gives me stealth from blast or whatever even when the rest of the zerg is dropping everything at the same time. Maybe I'm blasting fast enough or something before someone else's field is dropped but then landing Grasping Shadows accurately isn't super fast. I do have to pay attention and make sure my leap or blast actually hits it. It's like the least visible thing in that ball of light. 

It does not work with stuff like Bounding Dodge at all. Not all things are treated equally in this case.

There've been countless times when I'm fighting someone in WvW on P/P SA lifesteal and an Ally Guardian will pop outa nowhere with their light field spam attacks instantly interrupting my stealth combo with light aura~ the polar opposite of stealth XD. I also can't use the build in zergs at all when there are 100 fields on ground, especially when it's a close range damage build to get the most of it. (plus no Ricochet still for some reason).

Edited by Doggie.3184

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

It does not work with stuff like Bounding Dodge at all. Not all things are treated equally in this case.

There've been countless times when I'm fighting someone in WvW on P/P SA lifesteal and an Ally Guardian will pop outa nowhere with their light field spam attacks instantly interrupting my stealth combo with light aura~ the polar opposite of stealth XD. I also can't use the build in zergs at all when there are 100 fields on ground, especially when it's a close range damage build to get the most of it. (plus no Ricochet still for some reason).

That's frustrating. Without consistency with mechanics that's always going to get people into a jam, because their muscle memory is expecting that to work like it works for other stuff. 

Well at least I know that it's not just me. Also interesting that blast works but leap doesn't.

I only Thief in PvE so it's really only a minor annoyance, sounds like a nightmare in WvW though.

Edited by zch.3127