Help me pick a main

kaelk.7469

As the title suggests I am needing help/advice on picking a main. I want to focus on one class and work through achievements and game completion. 

I am looking at a dps class for all pve content including open world and would like to be able to dip into some wvw also. Any suggestions on classes or builds would be greatly appreciated. 

I know Gw2 is alt friendly however I don’t get many hours a day to play and want to focus attention to one class for now. 

7 hours ago, kaelk.7469 said:

As the title suggests I am needing help/advice on picking a main. I want to focus on one class and work through achievements and game completion. 

I am looking at a dps class for all pve content including open world and would like to be able to dip into some wvw also. Any suggestions on classes or builds would be greatly appreciated. 

I know Gw2 is alt friendly however I don’t get many hours a day to play and want to focus attention to one class for now. 

Ranger if you're going to dip into wvw. It's flexible across all specs. Greatsword/longbow DPS at first, if you need more defense you can lean condi/druid, and if you need -even more damage- you can lean untamed/soulbeast later on.

Depends on your playstyle. Certain professsions specialize in different mechanics, but overall my favorite are guardian (cleric (fb), paladin dh or wb), and  mesmer (clone/illusionist).

Edits: many professions can wirhnvferybhu well for  open world, and some for Open World, but depending on your goal, some are better than others.

Edit 2: I stand by my drunken wirh-whatever comment, whatever the kitten than means. I think I meant some work better for wvw. Sorry. 🙃

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Depends on your playstyle. Certain professsions specialize in different mechanics, but overall my favorite are guardian (cleric (fb), paladin dh or wb), and  mesmer (clone/illusionist).

Edits: many professions can wirhnvferybhu well for  open world, and some for Open Worldn but depending on your goal, some are better than others. 

this.

any class have more than one dps builds, so you can go into strikes/raids too, but there is different playstyle, feeling of the class, rangled/melee for openworld etc...

u can just try them all, gw2 is very friendly to alt characters

i play only last year, but i have all 9 classes with 2+ builds on each