Nerf engi kits

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Alright, cool. Can't wait for the 2 attunements ele patch.

At this point ppl are acting like the eng class and its elite spec are nothing with out kits why not just scrap the class over all and keep kits only. There is an real balancing issues to have utility that are this required to run for an class. These are not F1-5 they are not class mechanics they are utility that you can chose to run or not (though it dose not sound like its an real chose.)

I am coming from the point of view not of balance but of what the player must do ALL of the time to use the utility of kits right. They cause real world problems for the players hands its even an joke eng players talk about when using kits.

I personally dislike FA ele builds because its about the same game play but there are real down times even during FA spam. In no way are the nomrl atuments even close to the level of MUST spam like kits and conja weapons are often on delays of both casting and pick up giving your hands needed time of some rest even during a fight.

I think eng players are addicted to kits.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

At this point ppl are acting like the eng class and its elite spec are nothing with out kits why not just scrap the class over all and keep kits only. There is an real balancing issues to have utility that are this required to run for an class. These are not F1-5 they are not class mechanics they are utility that you can chose to run or not (though it dose not sound like its an real chose.)

I am coming from the point of view not of balance but of what the player must do ALL of the time to use the utility of kits right. They cause real world problems for the players hands its even an joke eng players talk about when using kits.

Nah, there are basically two camps in this thread, on one hand there are the people that are calling out to nerf engi and in particular scrapper because they don't know how to counter a recently popular grenade build that has literally only 1 stun break. On the other hand, you have the engi enjoyers that are afraid that it will be nerfed again to not being viable in any higher level competitive gameplay. Up until recently, you would have people being actively toxic against scrapper players demanding they switch or afk. I personally think the easy-to-counter glass cannon builds you see nowadays are a lot healthier for PVP than the bunker meta of half a decade ago. Though I do hope Anet will also buff some other elite specs that haven't been viable in PVP for a while, such as the earlier-mentioned scourge. Scourge by the way used to be a very strong counter against engis due to all the boon corruption.

Edited by baseendje.8452
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I personally dislike FA ele builds because its about the same game play but there are real down times even during FA spam. In no way are the nomrl atuments even close to the level of MUST spam like kits and conja weapons are often on delays of both casting and pick up giving your hands needed time of some rest even during a fight.

I think eng players are addicted to kits.

Kits are not nearly as required anymore as they used to be. Anet has made great progress in making other utility skills viable for different types of builds.

For example, for power damage builds, Throw Mine has become a staple thanks to the buffs to it's power damage output it received. Other power damage focused utility skills from elite specs also helped getting away from all kit setups, like shredder gyro and laser disk.

Really the only builds which still heavily rely on kit swapping are condition damage PvE builds. And that's not because of kits being overpowered, that's because the alternatives for kits which we have for condition damage are rare and usually pretty weak.
If Anet would put the same effort into making other condition damage skills competitive with kits, we might not have to constantly swap between kits in condition damage builds.

Besides these conition damage builds in PvE, there really is not that much kit swapping required anymore. Most PvP builds which are currently used run just 1 kit (grenade scrapper runs, well, grenades and tools holo runs tool kit).

So I don't get where you are getting all this "it is hurting our hands" from. Most of the times, elementalist builds, especially weaver builds, tend to be way more spammy and "swappy".

9 minutes ago, Archer.4362 said:

what they have to do is that the grenades cannot be fired, running to any side, shooting them behind the side, etc. ONLY if you have the player face to face, as other classes nerfed, and fixed

I agree only if anet removes all skills like that. Otherwise, buzz off.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...