So when is anet reverting Gunsaber changes?

Khlori.6209

They were awful, using it is now awful, maybe they were looking at the right direction but stepped in totally wrong. I loved playing Bladesworn but I completely stopped even touching my warrior after those changes, tried to go back few times, but can't, gunsaber is just atrocious.

Just completely revert it, then maybe buff dmg a little, make 2 have same cast time as 4 and it's good, this spec has so much mobility that it doesn't care about extra range anyway.

rant over.

• Like 4

Warrior definitely needs ranged damage, but Junksworn and especially the not-a-sabre are the wrong place to put it.

It's baffling that they chose to go with this abomination, instead of raising Longbow to the level of Renegade's Shortbow and/or Rifle to the level and range of Ranger's Longbow.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Warrior definitely needs ranged damage, but Junksworn and especially the not-a-sabre are the wrong place to put it.

It's baffling that they chose to go with this abomination, instead of raising Longbow to the level of Renegade's Shortbow and/or Rifle to the level and range of Ranger's Longbow.

Yeah, they gave jokesworn the range kinda tongue and cheek just to say that they gave us mid-range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I find it really sad that longbow is the best it's been since basically hambow/early HoT days, and it's almost entirely because it's (presumably) bugged when interacting with Adrenal Health.
Every other burst has to hit, Combustive Shot/Scorched Earth does not.

Not saying it needs nerfed, just that the weapon itself has a pretty crappy set of skills, which is a bummer cause fire archer is a cool theme.

• Sad 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:34 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

It did seem like an odd choice. I'd have considered a more intuitive approach would be to leave gunsaber with the theme it had, but to buff rifle to be actually decent (especially since rifle has synergy with bladesworn). That way, bladesworn who want a ranged option can run gunsaber for melee and rifle for range, and other warriors can have a decent ranged power option?

Guess they're afraid of what could happen if killshot/gunflame builds could actually apply decent pressure between bursts too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It did seem like an odd choice. I'd have considered a more intuitive approach would be to leave gunsaber with the theme it had, but to buff rifle to be actually decent (especially since rifle has synergy with bladesworn). That way, bladesworn who want a ranged option can run gunsaber for melee and rifle for range, and other warriors can have a decent ranged power option?

Guess they're afraid of what could happen if killshot/gunflame builds could actually apply decent pressure between bursts too.

Given that even the Pistol is a melee weapon, I think the reason is simply that they just don't want Warrior to be decent at range.

And that's just sad.

• Thanks 1