SAB - Picking up bubbles

Megusto.8203

So, first time I play SAB, i could pick up >250 bubbles. Now, I went back after 1 day, and I cannot collect more than the 1 stack. It shows up +1 etc on my screen, but in my backpack and on the counter, it's the same amount of bubbles. I probably lost 500 bubbles now, just trying to do the daily and maxed out 250 bubbles.

36 minutes ago, Megusto.8203 said:

So, first time I play SAB, i could pick up >250 bubbles. Now, I went back after 1 day, and I cannot collect more than the 1 stack. It shows up +1 etc on my screen, but in my backpack and on the counter, it's the same amount of bubbles. I probably lost 500 bubbles now, just trying to do the daily and maxed out 250 bubbles.

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bauble#Notes

1 hour ago, Megusto.8203 said:

I understand, but first time I entered, I could pick up more than 250 baubles

You could not, if you have not purchased the respective upgrades yet. The bonus amount you received was from the chests you get at the end of each level -- those are being added, even when you have already reached the maximum amount you can carry.

Until you have unlocked the aforementioned upgrades, you can easily circumvent your problem by turning the Baubles into Bauble Bubbles. Just exist to the lobby once you have received the level rewards and have been ported to the next level. Talk to the NPC to exchange the currency.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I do recall,  after several years hiatus, having the problem op describes.  For some reason I had to re-collect the 1st wallet upgrade. To be fair, I had not collected the 2nd upgrade before I stopped.  I have both upgrades now. I will never know why it didn't stick the first time.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

You also should not forget that the upgrades and items are per character. Playing with another character means you'd need to unlock the stuff there as well.

Came here to say this. Use the same character for SAB every time, there's no reason to switch and you won't have to unlock all the upgrades again

• Like 2