Vocalized Markers

Polar.8634

How does it sound? I think would be nice to have this feature to help voiceless groups, like open tags.

For example, red marker shouting "Attack!", green "Advance!" and blue "Hold!".

It would be enough to compete in coordination with your average discord tag, while still leaving discord option for groups which use more advanced tactics.

If Anet also released something like arc in-game, or any other tool to idendify player's role, would be totally awesome. Now that wvw becomes more and more blobcentric, and in 15 years when alliances are out it will be even more so, i feel like there is not enough in-game tools for commanding a squad.

And while i enjoy voice squads a lot and play in them for years now, i think pushing playstyles that rely on third party apps is not nice generally, should have some in-game back-up too. (i know you can play in squad without voice, i mean you are not competitive this way)

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Like 2

• Polar.8634 changed the title to Vocalized Markers
2 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

There's already a load of pings that should fulfil this role. It's just no one pays any attention to minimap, so it's not worth fiddling with.

If it is vocal it is easier to follow. Most people cannot follow what is happening on minimap while playing. Also markers itself could be more visible in fights, its hard to see marker in all that skill effects often, maybe some new markers with animation to it.

Just some random thoughts:

Might be interesting to look at making markers that can leave something very visible on the field and not just the mini map. 

Personally I'm useless with voicecoms anyways, as the moment I concentrate on the game, I shut my ears off. So not sure if it would help as many as you'd think.