IG-6417 Recordings

The newest thread about this was back in 2018 and if it was bad then, 5 years later it is only worse. Trying to complete Serpents' Ire Domain of Vabbi Meta event is nigh impossible nowadays. I've sat in Domain of Vabbi, about 20 minutes prior to start, with my own group up in LFG, for days now. I also tried going to Lion's Arch and Amoon begging (literally) for people to join so I can get it done. The most I have got was 7 people and we failed on Pt. 2. I'm sitting with 7 recordings in my bags all because I can't get this event done. Either nerf this event or remove this recording and replace it with something people actually do, please!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I did this a few months back, and the only way was to go on a weekend day near prime time to get enough people.  This is definitely the most annoying of the ones to get, because it takes a long time to do and nothing great for rewards, so few people see any reason to do it.

Serpents' Ire is probably the worst event in the game; tedious, easily failed (even at the pre-event stage) and long. Anet tie collections to it in the vain hope of attracting more people, but all they're really doing is highlighting how bad this event is. The bad news is that they have an aversion to fix old content; look how long it took them to revamp the starter-area bosses, and this was after the 'improved' Tequatl, Shatterer and Jormag.

You're doing the right thing- looking to the playerbase for help- but timing can be an issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Agree with Solvar- I did this a couple months ago following same guidance. Also would recommend:

1) aim to complete it when the daily events/farming/etc match with the map to increase players on map,

2) tag up about 5 minutes early to encourage player participation.  Players are more willing to stay on map if a tag is there.  And make sure to advertise in map and invite people to join squad.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:27 AM, ZenDad.4671 said:

Either nerf this event or remove this recording and replace it with something people actually do, please!

Instead of that approach.. I believe this meta will get a lot of attention if ANET improves the reward...

example..

1. a rare drop of miniature potion(actual size when players turned to miniatures when hydra uses the breath attack)
  2. or a rare drop of an infusion of some kind
  3. or a mystic coin...

then this meta will definitely wont be neglected like it is now...

12 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Instead of that approach.. I believe this meta will get a lot of attention if ANET improves the reward...

example..

1. a rare drop of miniature potion(actual size when players turned to miniatures when hydra uses the breath attack)
  2. or a rare drop of an infusion of some kind
  3. or a mystic coin...

then this meta will definitely wont be neglected like it is now...

I believe that there is a rare mini associated with Serpent's Ire.  I don't know what it is, and it isn't in high demand, but once after commanding a successful run somebody tried to send it to me via in-game e-mail.  I declined and sent it back before realizing what just happened.  The biggest mistake made on this map is that Serpent's Ire and Forged with Fire are both tied to the same limited reward pool.  They both give the same amalgamated gemstone chest, and doing one removes the reward from the other.  It's the same with the Nightingale's Music Box, which drops from both events.  

I wouldn't mind giving it better rewards, though.  It is a shame that it isn't done more often.  I found Serpent's Ire to be quite fun to organize and run, back when it was harder than it is now.  Effectively it is an overworld raid boss, requiring a level of organization beyond zerging, and a final fight so complicated you need to change up your build to handle it.  Ysshi Hessani was the original Soo-Won.  

• Like 1