Hero Points are outdated

19 minutes ago, entrailsgalore.4150 said:

And that makes perfect sense that a Vet of the game with multiple characters already, and many parts of the map memorized, would do that on an alt. I just don't see why that should be the expectation for a brand new player on their first ever character.

But most vets had to do it the first time just like new players. Only a lot of them had to do it in HoT where it is a lot harder than PoF and EoD.

Plenty of people here saying the HP system is fine are also critics of other areas of the game. Your interpretation that it's just a bunch of fanboys (on alt accounts no less) probably makes you feel better, but it isn't reality.

It's just that HPs aren't a problem. They're the next step of character development. They're easier and faster than leveling to 80, gearing up for fractals, strikes and WvW, and unlocking masteries. And everything you have to do in GW2 to get ready for endgame content after hitting 80 is easier and quicker than in most MMOs.

You're the only one with a passion against them, apart from the OP, who has a history of popping into the forums to write bitter things about the game. It's questionable if they even have the passion that you do, since they aren't nearly as invested in this thread.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, entrailsgalore.4150 said:

I just don't see why that should be the expectation for a brand new player on their first ever character.

It's not. Nor is it expected that a new player would go for content requiring experience and in-depth class/game knowledge.

59 minutes ago, entrailsgalore.4150 said:

And that's great for players who like to explore maps, or WvW, etc. But I'd rather Play My Way, as advertised by Anet.

Unfortunately it has been long known that "play my way" (as well as not having to prepare to play the content) are not concepts that ever applied to high-end game content like raids or fractal CMs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's not. Nor is it expected that a new player would go for content requiring experience and in-depth class/game knowledge.

Unfortunately it has been long known that "play my way" (as well as not having to prepare to play the content) are not concepts that ever applied to high-end game content like raids or fractal CMs.

Ah yeah that's unfortunate, I hope Anet maybe updates that slogan to be more accurate in the future. I appreciate your post and your honesty!

• Confused 7