Deathmatch or Conquest?

Waffles.5632

PvP modes!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which PvP mode do you prefer?

• Deathmatch
    • Conquest
    • Stronghold (but we don't talk about that)

2 minutes ago, Wayne.6253 said:

Conquest. More tactical gameplay and variety of builds to use.

I disagree slightly! Only because I like the fact that you can change builds between rounds in deathmatch. Perhaps in conquest that would be too OP if allowed though.

Just now, Waffles.5632 said:

I disagree slightly! Only because I like the fact that you can change builds between rounds in deathmatch. Perhaps in conquest that would be too OP if allowed though.

I don't like the fact that you can change builds between rounds in deathmatch.😄

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

some lame stuff become way to powerful in 2s and 3s, also the map designs are bad.

This.

TDM favors bunkery things with massive AOE presence or stealth gank/one-shot gimmicks. Neither are fun to play against (for me at least) and it severely limits what builds and even what professions are viable.

Conquest or SH, by virtue of being larger maps with multiple objectives, allow for greater variety of playstyles, roles, and builds, which I very much enjoy.

The problem with splitting modes in PvP is you can’t balance for both. I’d prefer a 3v3 king of the hill over deathmatch where you fight for 1 node. Holding it rewards 3 points per second. Kills reward 15. 3 rounds of 150 points each or something. First to 150 wins that round.  It’s basically just a smaller conquest at that point.

• Like 1

I prefer deathmatch to conquest, but that's largely because I'm a single celled organism with a short attention span that doesn't want to gamble on whether or not they need to give orders to a random team that has a 50% chance of not listening anyway. All I want is to play "Guess what's in the box" with wrong answers causing surprising amounts of damage. If I need to teambuild I'd like that to be my job up front instead of gradually learning I need to do that over the span of... 3 minutes or so? 

Deathmatch, while much closer to what I want, introduces its own set of problems, namely people who want their opponents to not play the game as often as possible. 

Thematically, deathmatch. Which would I play under duress? conquest. In an ideal world, if the game was balanced enough for 1v1, you'd never see me in conquest unless I was doing MaT at someone's behest or with a group of friends. 

I also strangely enough like stronghold with friends, too. 

The problem with splitting modes in PvP is you can’t balance for both. 

Yeah, this is a really tall order, and not reasonable to expect from balance passes. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261