Special ops armor requirements

Sorry if this is the wrong place/it's already been discussed. I made a quick glance but I don't browse these forums much so was at a loss at where to look.

Anyway, I actually really like this content, even if it feels a bit limited...However the requirements for the special ops armor have me a bit miffed. In the past when new content comes out that requires items you acquired in past content but likely would have deleted, they offer you a way to buy that back...In this case, the Ancient Canthan armor is relatively pricey and required to buy the special ops armor on top of other things + achievements. I have no issues with that as an idea, but it really feels like a slap in the face having crafted these for the skins and then salvaging them and now...I guess I just need to hold onto absolutely everything just in case? Is this some weird attempt and selling more bag slots? TBH that's being a bit inflammatory and it's most definitely an oversight... If any devs see this I hope this goes the route of Bjora weapons and we're allowed to buy them for some form of currency instead of now having to have huge discussions and speculations about whether you're going to make items we make for skins recipe pieces. IMO if you have the skin, that's all you should need to be able to use it as a component/unlock the purchase.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Ah! Like the restored boreal weapons merchants.  Once you unlock an ancient boreal weapon skin, Humble Stone will sell you and account bound restored boreal weapon skin of the same type.  the other merchant sells the crafting recipes, but you don't need to have the actual weapon in your inventory in order to buy the restored version or its recipe.

I often get the feeling that the devs aren't interested in looking back upon what their predecessors have done.  Maybe it is worse, maybe the devs aren't required to submit detailed reports describing problems and solutions so there are no past records to consult.  Maybe the developer notes are as vague as the patch notes players get to see: a teleportation issue was resolved by an unnamed employee , using an unexplained method. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Winters.8756 said:

In this case, the Ancient Canthan armor is relatively pricey and required to buy the special ops armor on top of other things + achievements.

Thanks for the warning!

One more reason for me to leave Gyala Delve (part 2) with all its new achievement grinds behind. I am not going to waste any resources on such ugly skins (re: special ops armor sets).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Thanks for the warning!

One more reason for me to leave Gyala Delve (part 2) with all its new achievement grinds behind. I am not going to waste any resources on such ugly skins (re: special ops armor sets).

Ugly skins? 🥺😔 We will miss you in the Delve 😬😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The issue I have is the requirement of the T2 fractal scale, which puts you at the mercy of someone at that level to get in.

You would also hope that with this special gear they could at least remove the mask requirement in Gyala Delve or have at least a one time purchased of what type mask that doesn't degenerate while there but still be removed when leaving.

From what I've read earlier about the future path of this game, I'm starting to test waters of a possible replacement.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just ran into this problem.  I made all the armor ages ago and salvaged for the research notes. Now I'm being told I need them again as a currency??  I am pretty ticked off at this.  Why has it not gotten the Boreal weapon treatment or the merchant at least read the fact I have the skin unlocked?   I mean if the armor had be noted as being needed later,  it would had at least laid the groundwork that it was special and needed to be saved. 

• Like 2