"Go for the Gold" Golden Badge #4 is inaccessible

On 6/29/2023 at 9:18 PM, Privateer.2576 said:

I've tried all the helpful tips & video's posted by others (thanks guys!) but keep getting blocked by invisible walls 😞

Any update on when this will be fixed?

Try this video! its work for me, if you dont have the bond of faith mastery like me, try the dismount springer combo (dismount while you charge your jump, you will fly and then glide), sorry for mi bad english

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

As if 23:30 in UT-5 time zone on JULY 26, it is NOT fixed.    I'm about to try a link I found above after trying all the original YouTube videos.   

With launch of the 5th expansion in less that a month and several things worse broken than this will not be looked at until early next year at the best.

Why did they block the passage in the first place should be the question asked.    Why even screw around with this tough but working Collection event?  

UPDATE:     I forgot one thing, and added a new one.

The new:   I got #4 using the Golden badge #4 new route posted by several above.  Much thanks for the posters and even more thanks for the one who discovered and posted the route.        This is the first time I've deliberately gotten in to a map fault,  but the first time I ever got into one was only last week.   I logged out at a way point in Malchor's Leap on the dry surface, nowhere near any water.     Hours later I logged back in  underwater with the ground over my head.   I ran all over the place down there in what was certainly was a broken map.     I've played for over 10 years and note that every expansion is prequeled by a host of things that have worked for a long time suddenly broken, and this is  one of many.

The forgot:    I was using Ayin Maiden's guide when I arrived at the top of the black tower (on the map I was slightly below the letter N in the Northwestern Silverwastes),  and supposedly headed for #30,  which I had,  but she doesn't follow numeric order so to stay with her I followed.    That required a swan dive gliding off the top, past the timber crossbar and down into the passage that we've now learned is blocked.       I switched to Dulfy who does things in numeric order,  so I got to number 4,  which I did not have,   and arrived at the same black roofed tower.    She claimed the  gold badge off the roof!   No gliding off the roof at all to the blocked passage.    I logged out, reloaded,  etc, etc but NO JOY.    #4 was not on that roof, but her video scored it there.   I then went to the GW2 Wiki post (here) and found success.

As I said,  things that once worked,  stop working when expansions (of LW's) are trying to be born.

Edited by Michael.9403
Update
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

How hard is it to move this badge somewhere else? Is this the way we are supposed to play this crap? Through texture glitches?
I can not even physically see where this badge is located and i did not want to try this texture exploit crap. I saw another video where you need "Bond of Faith" from POF to be able to get it but still jumping through the texture. Just hilarious.

I left ESO because bs like this, bugs that developers are ignoring. And this is a progress blocking bug.

Shame on you anet.

Edited by Bilocation.4387
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 1:44 PM, spaceman.7518 said:

Hello. If you need the badge and you have skyscale, here is how to get there in quick -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_Lqi4VSa8

Thanks, this is the one that got it for me. Getting the camera zoom right in the tight underground spots so you can see where you're going is the tricky part. The path itself is simple. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping. Had the issue with this yesterday trying to help a friend do the achievement... I've always recommended this achievement to people who want a good jumping challenge as I believe it to contain probably the hardest dev implemented jumping in the game if done as originally intended without the gliders or mounts. As it is, players are literally unable to complete it without both of these things or some very niche advanced jumping tech aiding them in map breaking to follow the only known non barrier break route into the chamber. Hoping the cave in can be cleared so I can recommend this achievement again in its entirety to prospective jumpers.
original method for badge 4

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 10:50 PM, Derminador.6931 said:

Folks, I've spend most of my saturday clowning around in HoT, encountering several bugs and issues that are literally years old at this point and thought I finish of the day by doing this collection real quick. This kitten ain't getting fixed, stop getting your hopes up.

The badge is still bugged. When I messaged support a few months ago, their "support" was to send me the video link guide, which not only goes off-map, but uses mounts to get to the badge. It doesn't look like they're putting any effort into fixing it.

If you're NA, I can easily get over there and you can TP to me. If you're EU, I could try getting there, but my EU account doesn't have skyscale yet, so it would take me longer to get there. Feel free to message me in game if you need me to head over that way for ya.

Edited by dreadful.8230

• 2 weeks later...