Ride the Lightning

folko.4328

Maybe it's just me, but I'd very much prefer that it would be interruptable by a dodge or something. The amount of times I died because of this skill because an enemy died 0.00001 seconds before the skill exectues is absurd. Or when I use the skill and it just... Phases through enemies. At least make it lock on to the nearest enemy in front of you so you don't end up zooming through everything for no reason, because there's no reason you should just zoom through an enemy without connecting.

• Like 1

You're riding the LIGHTNING man! It's all-in or nothing-at-all!

Jokes aside, it happens. Used to be back in the day you came out of it with great momentum, so much of it that if you happened to go down a very slight decline you'd almost die from fall damage. Or get stuck on anything.

Please don't go the burning speed path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Forcing it to hit a target would ruin the skill for people who also want to use it for kiting in pvp/wvw.

Ya.

I would really prefer it to be left alone tbh, this would be a negative QoL impact for the way I play. It does kind of seem like a personal problem here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Your suggestion would make it worse for many applications. It would be nice if it would cancel with the second press of a button though. But in the end its just skill issue. The more you play, the better you will judge the animation locks, ranges of skills and it becomes natural.

"interruptible by a dodge", Amen.

"So modify how the game works because you can be bothered to select a target?"

If I only had a dollar for every flip statement.🙄

Animation locks are so cliche, I'm surprised Anet used them at all seeing that a more fluid and responsive combat system was one of its core visions. It's just plain lazy and anachronistic in hindsight.