Thanks for the Arc Divider Rework!

Myror.7521

As a Warrior Main since Release I like this rework. It might be an overall dps loss if you Camp in Greatsword for more than 5 Seconds. (Makes it worse in Open World and WvW Zerg Fights). But in the end...... its a faster cast time (means over all Higher Instant burst).  Players can't evade 67%% of the skills dmg simply by running or teleport out off range. They could also not evade 33% of the skills dmg Just by blinding, Aegis, Dodge it. Its just 100% or nothing makes better to control ur dmg.

At First you might also think in instance PvE it would be worse but it is not. You will be able to get everything of the GS rotation done in 5 Seconds and not just 7 Seconds +. 

Over all in every fact its just a big plus so thx for that rework

Edited by Myror.7521
Make clear what I meant to say
  • Like 5
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 it is better cause you have more controle over the Skill itself. Before there was a Like 90% Chance that every Person with half a brain would simply eat only 1 Hit means 1k dmg ends up in a burst skill dealing AA Chain like dmg in most of the time.

So somehow now it will become impossible to evade? Like the visual tell of someone going Berserk and using Blood Reckoning will be less visible?

The current iteration allows for much superior cleave potential, even if mathematically it strikes for less damage.

Top damage isn't always everything. Current Arc has qol in being multihit, whereas arcing slice suffers from aegis and blinds, just like arc divider pre rework was.

Not to mention the nice looking animation on arc currently.

People somehow now think berserker will be too fast?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

As a Warrior Main since Release (and someone who played PvP in that old arc divider time) this is a hughe QoL Change. You do not need to whing your Greatsword 3 times around you means not only less cast time but also more safe dps than before. Reason for a more safe dps is simply the fact you could get one of the 3 hits eziliy blinded or Aegis or Dodged or you Just simply run out off range. Now its just one big hit means less time for enemys to react to. Yes it could also get blinded, dodged, Aegis but thats how mostly burst skills of warr Work rn. For instanced PvE however it might going to make the Rotation more complicated but also let that stow weapon thing be less a Problem then.

Over all in every fact its just a big plus so thx for that rework

Thats the most try hard ragebait post I have seen in a while. 

10/10 trolling. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

@Grand Marshal.4098 no indeed it could still be evades or blinded or something else. Just allready mentioned it in the post. ^^

Also Arc Divider pre rework got reworked back then cause it was too good in its state. 

Multiple Hits are good but bad If that makes sence. Yes you could hit peops though blinds and Aegis. How ever its also more ezy to react to. 

The rework is more just a PvP reward things in high tier Play than just an overall better thingy. Old arc divider was indeed better against peops that cant react to AoE skills means going Out off range or Block or Dodge or something Like that ^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 2

The skill will probably be better in 1v1 fights in PvP and WvW, especially against good players who can easily dodge or interupt the current iteration of Arc Divider. Its definitely a nerf for zerg fighting in WvW. In PvE it will just depend on the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must be honest I'm not excited for most of the warrior patch and it's likely the end of spell breaker in zerg Vs zerg but the old Arc divider makes me really happy. Probably just nostalgic but I'm going back to berserker hopefully 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't get why people doesn't likes the change on Arc Divider, it's just like the old Arc Divider, sur it has its bad points, but also good points compared to the current one:

>Fast cast, harder to dodge.
>Still a big AoE that also hits hard above 50% HP so it's NOT like core's F1.
>SHOULD fix the stow problem for the PvE rotation.

Now in a personal way, it's more satisfying to me.

Still needs it's fury generation back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

?

And now it will be 1 hit and thus be entirely mitigated?

How is that better?

what u mean, arc slice literally is 5x more reliable then arc divider in pvp.

like do u even pvp as warrior at all, or u just assume because u like spamming this skill on trash mobs in pve.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

what u mean, arc slice literally is 5x more reliable then arc divider in pvp.

like do u even pvp as warrior at all, or u just assume because u like spamming this skill on trash mobs in pve.

Who said anything about pve?

I just see the huge advantage that a multi-hit skill like Arc divider has. On top of the fact that since you seem to love arcing slice so much, guess what, you can use T3 arcing slice on zerker now.

In WvW arc divider as is, works perfectly and could only use more coeff buffs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Who said anything about pve?

I just see the huge advantage that a multi-hit skill like Arc divider has. On top of the fact that since you seem to love arcing slice so much, guess what, you can use T3 arcing slice on zerker now.

In WvW arc divider as is, works perfectly and could only use more coeff buffs.

guess what, if i'm not berserking, i have an entire trait being simply useless 

i'd use arc slice over arc divider anytime now if I don't need to sacrifice an entire trait line for it.

u just gonna use it in some meme situation where enemy can not even see your character, only so you can hit someone with it, and gonna happen less and less because of hide visuals.

and disregard the entire pve raid/pvp/wvw roaming/gvg

you gonna camp longbow majority of the time and you only going in for like one arc divider, it's gonna be the same but it's burstier and tighter timing. that's it.

there's literally 0 advantage of multi hit due to the incredibly slow cast time and obvious animation.

specially in a hit and run meta.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

guess what, if i'm not berserking, i have an entire trait being simply useless 

i'd use arc slice over arc divider anytime now if I don't need to sacrifice an entire trait line for it.

u just gonna use it in some meme situation where enemy can not even see your character, only so you can hit someone with it, and gonna happen less and less because of hide visuals.

and disregard the entire pve raid/pvp/wvw roaming/gvg

you gonna camp longbow majority of the time and you only going in for like one arc divider, it's gonna be the same but it's burstier and tighter timing. that's it.

there's literally 0 advantage of multi hit due to the incredibly slow cast time and obvious animation.

specially in a hit and run meta.

Well we can agree to disagree. 

I don't play longbow zerker in wvw much if at all. I prefer melee.