[Blade Requiem]rip

dead.7638

4 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Distortion.

That's not the point.

Bladeturn Requiem is "supposed" to be an iconic elite spec ability, but now they're turning it into a worse version of F1. Hell, I'd rather waste my blades on F3 at this point.

Mirage has stupid amounts of damage mitigation with dodges and certain axe skills.

Chrono has more block options without the need to trait into it.

Mirage and Chrono have actual clones, which can provide aggro rip and targeting issues in their favor.

All 3 specs have distortion.

This means, by comparison, Virtuoso has nothing special in terms of survivability. Sure, you can trait a certain way and lose a lot of damage, but when the other 2 specs have better survivability WITHOUT needing to trait into it, that's a problem. That is THE problem. After the June 27th patch, our F5 is inferior in EVERY SINGLE way. Our baseline survivability is inferior in EVERY SINGLE way.

I understand that the block effect was a little OP, but the solution is NOT removing it without something in return. The fact that the balance team and @Cal Cohen.2358 thought this was a good idea in any way makes me believe they don't have the proper fundamental understanding for this spec.

Edited by Kiro Kobra.6478
added clarification
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The solution for block is to make the block length scale with the number of blades stocked, as well as the damage, rather than where it's at now where you always get the full block and only the damage scales on number of blades. It makes it need to be more skillfully used and planned out, rather than just an easy panic button.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DropkickGoose.2076 said:

The solution for block is to make the block length scale with the number of blades stocked, as well as the damage, rather than where it's at now where you always get the full block and only the damage scales on number of blades. It makes it need to be more skillfully used and planned out, rather than just an easy panic button.

That would be barrier you're describing, and yeah, it'd make the most sense by far!

I have submitted a post with similar feedback to the June 27th Patch Preview megathread, but I highly doubt they will listen...

Edited by Kiro Kobra.6478
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

here have 1k dps to be slightly less mediocre and meta nowhere besides 1 boss while we nuke another staple of the spec

Are you referring to the raid build of Condition Virtuoso? Because this has the potential to be a lot more than 1k DPS increase in that case. And 1k DPS would already be a lot.

Mind you, after the patch Virtuoso will have 3.75 seconds of Distortion. On release it had 2s of block. So over time the defensive capabilities were increased - that is not to say we cannot lament the loss of an unique buff or the insane power we had between November '22 and June '23, but as far as Raids go, the build will continue to have no survivability issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:28 AM, Kiro Kobra.6478 said:
On 6/15/2023 at 6:10 AM, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Distortion.

That's not the point.

Bladeturn Requiem is "supposed" to be an iconic elite spec ability, but now they're turning it into a worse version of F1. Hell, I'd rather waste my blades on F3 at this point.

Mirage has stupid amounts of damage mitigation with dodges and certain axe skills.

Chrono has more block options without the need to trait into it.

Mirage and Chrono have actual clones, which can provide aggro rip and targeting issues in their favor.

All 3 specs have distortion.

This means, by comparison, Virtuoso has nothing special in terms of survivability. Sure, you can trait a certain way and lose a lot of damage, but when the other 2 specs have better survivability WITHOUT needing to trait into it, that's a problem. That is THE problem. After the June 27th patch, our F5 is inferior in EVERY SINGLE way. Our baseline survivability is inferior in EVERY SINGLE way.

I understand that the block effect was a little OP,

A 2 second block unless you spec'd for 3 seconds on a 30 second cooldown (unless you trait for shorter cooldown. 

I do not see this as OP... especially when you are fighting a ranger using Trapper Runes that goes into stealth over and over and over and over...

Or those classes that immobilize you for 9 seconds at a time. A 3 second block is not even in the same zip code. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 6:47 AM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Knowing ANerf, they will take this suggestion and make it apply aegis, even if it makes 0 sense since it makes Bladeturn Refrain redundant.

Only when using Blade Requiem. Maybe if you have the trait, it could apply a second Aegis when Requiem completes. Currently, though, Requiem is one of your block sources if not running Refrain or offhand sword.

Would need to give Requiem more than that to really make it worthwhile without the channelled block, mind you.