Secrets of the Obscure: Question about Relics and Legendary Runes

That 6th effect was at least 90% of the reason I made Legendary Runes to start with.  To avoid the hassle of account-bound effects,  the freedom to change builds and effects whenever, in all my templates, on all my characters.

I'm all for the change of separating out the effects from the stats.  I think that increases build diversity and choice and is a healthy change.

But I didn't spend 2k+ and dozens/hundreds of hours for the freedom to choose +60 stats.  Please don't forget us, devs!     +1 for automatic legendary relic for owners of 6+ legendary runes (since 6 would be required to have that sixth effect)!

• Like 7

It is still early and the launch isn't until 2 more months with a few other releases planned it seems. So I'm hoping that they will address this reasonably for both legendary rune holders and anyone considering crafting them by giving everyone who currently has or will craft 6 legendary runes a legendary relic to account for this change. 

Again, please keep posting here to get your voice heard. It worked for skyscale so no reason why it wouldn't work for legendary runes.

• Like 3

What if they gave a "light" version of that effect as a legendary relict for players that had a full set of runes. (Giving it out even to people that now craft them after the change.) Moving all the stuff that already existed ... there.

I mean I definitely can see them getting the jewler started to a 500/ascended stuff. Though the old base 6th slot bonus would not justify having to level to 500 using ascended mats ... to get them. (This would also make the normal bonus harder to obtain for players without legendaries. Not sure how this all will work out though - since there seem to be different ways planned. Also fractals and stuff. Not only crafting.)

Ascended stuff should offer higher/better versions of those special boni. (And then a new legendary relic that everyone could get - for those.)

Same here.

The peak of hating the game for me was when I had a lege armor set and a bank full of several dozen 6-stacks of various runes. It took weeks of painful grind to get 6 legendary runes, but finally there was a relief of clearing about one and a half bank tabs and never ever have to swap rune sets between characters ever again.

Even if we get relics, unless there's a legendary one, I will still have to have large amounts of them in my bank and have to swap them between characters. So all the painful grind I had to do will be wasted 😞

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Like 6

Honestly, if they don't give us legendary relics to compensate, or access to all relics when using legendary runes, that would punish all the players who spent tons of time and efforts working on them.
Probably one of their worst move ever.
The sad part is that it would not be surprising,  and personally i'll wait to know more about it before i buy gems again, and i'm not going to be the only one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, raykor.6723 said:

+1 Legendary relic—at launch—for those with 6-7 legendary runes.

Does anyone know if ALL the currently available 6th rune bonus effects will be available as a relic or are they planning to eliminate some of them?

We know nothing yet, I was hoping for a beta to showcase the new runes and relics, but we got only weapons so far.

And yes, a legendary relic for all those having a set of leg runes is the only acceptable answer.

I love that they are making specialization-specific weapons available to all specializations and not adding another specialization. Lots of fun combinations to try.

And the general concept of relics is also great. But I have 72 equipment slots unlocked on my account and absolutely no desire to grind 72 relics only to get back to where I was. Not to mention completely losing the ability to easily swap that 6th bonus with my legendary runes.

I also worry about how exactly they plan to modify the existing 6th rune bonuses: the sixth tier of each rune set will instead complete the stat bonuses associated with that rune set, and the additional special effects or conditional bonuses will be [moved to relics]. Well, the 6th rune on many sets does not at all provide an additional stat bonus. Many provide two different special effects with that 6th rune. Will both of those special effects be moved as a group to a relic? Or will relics only have one special effect and essentially this will be a rune nerf. For example, consider the popular Rune of Durability. The first 5 runes add boon duration and toughness. So what will the new 6th rune add? More toughness? More boon duration? And will there be a relic that adds +10% max health AND the three boon special effect currently on the Rune of Durability? Worried.

• Like 1

Another issue, there are many many rune sets that provide the exact same stat bonuses on the first 5 runes—differing only in what the 6th rune provides. So if all those 6th rune bonuses are moved to relics, many runes will become identical. For example, there are five rune sets that offer the exact same +175 Power and +100 Toughness from the first 5 runes. You could offer one version that adds more toughness and another version that adds more power and I suppose eliminate three of them?

Lets look more specifically at two of these five: Brawler and Scrapper. Both offer the exact same +175 Power and +100 Toughness from the first 5 runes. Scrapper offers a single 6th rune bonus (-7% damage within 600 units) whereas Brawler offers two 6th rune bonuses (+125 Toughness and 5 stacks of Might every 10 secs). Let's say they make the +125 Toughness the new 6th rune bonus on both. You can now choose either the +5 Might stacks relic or -7% damage relic. This would result in a new Brawler rune that is identical to the current Brawler rune set but a buffed Scrapper rune set.

I don't know how they are going to make this work without, in effect, nerfing some current sets and perhaps buffing others. Maybe they should consider two relic slots per build and letting us choose the two bonuses that make up the 6th rune.