Spirits do not pulse anymore?

anduriell.6280

They feel so garbage now i was expecting them to keep at least some utility, the boons applications are so bad, actives changed and were made into garbage. 

• Why are boons so short in wvw? we are talking 1s protection application per pulse in a 30s skill CD. 
  • Nature vengeance definitely needs to extends the full cycle: Slam, Shake,Slam and Shake so the extremely short boons are at least doubled. Now it's a second grade garbage trait and just because everything on the spirits is garbage. 
  • Old effects removed : why? Water spirit needs the regen back. Why does the elite get regen? Why not restore the old stability? 
  • Why the actives are so bad now? Water spirit used to heal for more. Stone spirit applied one immob. Frost is utter garbage now.
  • There is still a whole 2 seconds delay between the skill cast, the spirit slam and actual effect. If you can keep any enemy afk  for 2 seconds you have better utilities to work with than the spirits. In WvW it will be a miracle if you can get to cleanse anything with Frost for example. One would think this downside would make the skills to have a better impact and be fun. 

Definitively Anet devs did not surprised anybody with this changes, utter garbage, 2nd grade bad designed wells. Not looking into any expansion really just knowing they can't even deliver a decent change. 

BTW alac in Druid looks like another hellish implementation: You definitely will get carpal tunnel trying to give alact to your team mates.  What would have cost them to give the boon to the glyphs with the trait... Nobody knows. 

Sword the same. Really they can't get somebody who at least plays with the ranger to do this changes i see. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I'm guessing it's the usual case of anet being scared of numbers.

Are they? 42.5k DPS Quickness Deadeye wants to know your location...

Anyway, seems like Heal Druid has been thoroughly butchered and destroyed. That was one of the last builds I played anet hadn't already patched out of viability with EoD and last year's summer fallout but guess it's gone too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Endaris.1452 said:

Are they? 42.5k DPS Quickness Deadeye wants to know your location...

The fear of numbers came from somewhere.
They mess up some numbers from time to time, resulting in mess like 42k+ DE or Soulbeast 100=>0 ppl in WvW under 4s.
Then they end us with 30% boon uptime while being too careful.

All I can hope for is the July adjustment. If they don't fix it by then I'd admit the balance in this game is a lost cause for the next few years.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Joncal.9623 said:

*sweats nervously* are you talking wvw dead or pve dead? :c

PvE, I never played it in WvW outside of roaming with ancient seeds trapper build so I'm not able to judge how it's impacted in zergplay. But CA2 now has a 4s cooldown so I would think it's going to suffer too.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

PvE, I never played it in WvW outside of roaming with ancient seeds trapper build so I'm not able to judge how it's impacted in zergplay. But CA2 now has a 4s cooldown so I would think it's going to suffer too.

The new changes do look bleak in PvE, agreed. Instead of the spirit rotation we’re now sweatily spamming CA4+5 and 1 for alacrity. Much improvement. So fun. Much wow. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I can’t reliably keep alac up in fractals and I do have 100% boon duration + full harrier. 

• Like 2

In Pve healing / support druid is just not fun right now. Don't take me wrong the perma alac we could easily provide before was to easy. 

I wouldn't have minded some changes, they could have changed the trait: Natures Vengeance instead so that each spirit gives buff X - Alac is applied by each spirit but for each time activating the spirit's ability they lose X% of health. This would have resulted in better upkeep of your spirits. 

- all Spirits provide conditions (or additional conditions)  instead of boons when your power or condition state is higher than X + Also here spirits lose health for each time we activate their skills. 

This could end up with some interesting hybrid builds even or full condi builds and please the support players. That's at least how I see it 😛

Edited by Halbarz.3854
  • Like 1

I finally got into druid last month and was really enjoying it in a relaxed open world support way.... now I can't keep any boon up apart from regeneration - which was capped out already.

Maybe I'll "get it" after looking at it for more than five minutes but it doesn't seem viable unless druid is now meant to be some sort of DPS monster with partial support.

EDIT: Alright, it's now giant stack of boons up partially if spamming the spirits and CA continually. Did noone playtest this before release? Alacrity desperately needs the duration increased and tagged onto *one* CA skill or even onto entering/leaving CA instead of skill spam.

Edited by Swynwraig.4628

Spirits are decent, more situational than before, but unlike then also usable in pvp and wvw. Overall more variety and freedom on utility skills is a good thing. Just gotta know what to use when instead of filling the bar with the same single setup every time.

Alac can be kept up permanently, as long players take some dmg (to charge ca - i did not have any issues with that during easy strikes) and stack. The low radius on ca skills makes it much harder to keep up alac on players that move arround/spread, which certainly hurts the spec in encounters that force movement/spreading and in uncoordinated grps. And replacing utility skill spam with even more (ca) skill spam isn't making the gameplay particulary fun and defeats the purpose of those alac changes.

So some positive and some negative changes for heal/alac druid in pve. It might be harder to play now, but it isn't dead. (And in wvw support druid feels stronger).

Also apparently dps condi druid is a thing with 40k+ dps.

Edited by Zyreva.1078

I "love" Sun Spirit.

8x Stacks of Might for 12 Seconds.
Given 100% BD and perfect Alacrity this maintains 8 Stacks of Might constantly.

Playing anything else of a Ranger Boon Support like a Quickness Untamed you will lack Might because it runs out before it can be reapplied. :'D