Sorry if its been asked 100 times already, but do you only get the bonus features of the mastery's for the skyscale if you unlocked the skyscale before the expansion, and then if you unlock it after with the new way, you don't get access to the bonus features?

So I should hurry up and unlock it.  

I think it's saying you have to do both to get the bonus features, but you can do them in any order. I didn't see anything which suggested unlocking the skyscale after SotO is out, even doing the new way first, would make the bonus features unavailable.

I htink it's kind of like how if you already had a commander tag the newer catmander tag was 1/2 the price, but then if you bought the catmander tag first you could get the commander tag for 1/2 price instead.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's saying you have to do both to get the bonus features, but you can do them in any order. I didn't see anything which suggested unlocking the skyscale after SotO is out, even doing the new way first, would make the bonus features unavailable.

I htink it's kind of like how if you already had a commander tag the newer catmander tag was 1/2 the price, but then if you bought the catmander tag first you could get the commander tag for 1/2 price instead.

I agree with this assessment. Also, unlocking it the new way should make the old way a lot easier I think? So that's a small bonus.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Rose.2593 said:

Sorry if its been asked 100 times already, but do you only get the bonus features of the mastery's for the skyscale if you unlocked the skyscale before the expansion, and then if you unlock it after with the new way, you don't get access to the bonus features?

So I should hurry up and unlock it.  

I don't think it's about "the way you unlock the skyscale", but instead it's about "mastery lines" unlocks. You won't need to somehow unlock skyscale twice, you'll just need to get the PoF masteries for added features.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

It says theres a new way to unlock, but reading this it sounds like you only get the bonus versions if you unlocked the skyscale before the expansion, so if so I should.

It seems to state if you havn't unlocked it once you can't get the bonus masteries. Check the table at the link?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-new-chapter-begins-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Skyscale Mastery Updates

Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale Mastery line includes new abilities, like the Fireball aerial attack you’ll unlock at tier two. Some of the new Mastery tiers grant Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Masteries; in those cases, players who have trained skyscale Masteries from both expansions will get a bonus functionality unlock. For example, the first tier of the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale Mastery grants Air Rescue—the ability to mount in midair. If you’ve already trained Air Rescue with the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Mastery line, you’ll now get Bond of Vigor every time you use Air Rescue.

Tier Effect Bonus from Both Mastery Tracks
1–Air Rescue 2.0 Grants Air Rescue Air Rescue grants Bond of Vigor
2–Fireball Grants an aerial flame attack while mounted on the skyscale  
3–Wall Spring 2.0 Grants Wall Launch Upgrades Wall Launch to charge faster and launch farther
4–Wind Beneath Your Wings Flying mounts can use updrafts  
5–Combat Launch Gain the ability to mount your skyscale in combat  
6–Ley-Line Acclimation Flying mounts can use ley lines
7–Rising Spirits Updrafts regenerate the skyscale’s flight meter

"It says theres a new way to unlock, but reading this it sounds like you only get the bonus versions if you unlocked the skyscale before the expansion, so if so I should. It seems to state if you havn't unlocked it once you can't get the bonus masteries. Check the table at the link?"

I don't read it that way. It says "players who have trained skyscale Masteries from both expansions will get a bonus functionality unlock" "Bonus from Both Mastery Tracks"

That doesn't read to me that you have to do the POF one first.

• Like 1

two ways to unlock... it doesn't matter which way you unlock it, both will unlock access to the PoF masteries... however... you will probably still have to complete the steps to unlock the new SotO masteries for it even if you already have it unlocked from PoF. Completeing both the PoF masteries and the new SotO masteries that grant the same abilities unlocks improved versions of those abilities... it's pretty simple to understand.

• Like 1