New Unstable Bladestorm

troy.3257

I was vehemently against this change, and it somehow sucks even more than I imagined. Not a fan of the dagger 2 change either now that I've tried it. I'm going to have to drop my virtuoso until they either revert it or totally overhaul this skill. Thanks for killing my favorite mesmer weapon! 🥰

This is why we need test servers.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I really hope they change it back, was also against this ridiculous change. I don't see how it was a problem in pve, if it was because of pvp or wvw they should learn to counter or block projectiles.

Edited by Anthony.8056
added extra words.
  • Like 3

CVirt looks like it will be overpowered in PVE. I don't play Mesmer in PVP so I don't know how the changes affect that mode.

Brainlessly powerful combat with the amount of bleed stacks. The changes to Bladestorm and Requiem are increasing the CVirt damage because Bladestorm does more hits to the target getting more Bleeding and Requiem is instant so it doesn't interrupt your other attacks.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

The changes to Bladestorm and Requiem are increasing the CVirt damage

Lol   not even close for wvw.

Everyone has multiple cleanses. A thief can even spec to remove a condo everytime it stealthes.

The genius in charge is deliberately killing mesmers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

CVirt looks like it will be overpowered in PVE. I don't play Mesmer in PVP so I don't know how the changes affect that mode.

Brainlessly powerful combat with the amount of bleed stacks. The changes to Bladestorm and Requiem are increasing the CVirt damage because Bladestorm does more hits to the target getting more Bleeding and Requiem is instant so it doesn't interrupt your other attacks.

So its essentially balancing around one meta philosophy vs. diverse builds. Which is exactly what CMC said they wouldn't do.

Not everyone plays the meta stacking style, this skill was huge in a lot of off meta builds, especially solo play. 

Its classic having no idea about the class so we're just gonna nerf this skills use & give it more damage. Its lazy & yet another step backwards from Mesmers having build diversity. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol   not even close for wvw.

Everyone has multiple cleanses. A thief can even spec to remove a condo everytime it stealthes.

The genius in charge is deliberately killing mesmers. 

Look at my first line. I was only talking about PVE.

As I said I have next to no experience in PVP or WVW so I'm not qualified to talk about it at all.

That's why my first posts here were asking which mode people were complaining about.

3 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

So its essentially balancing around one meta philosophy vs. diverse builds. Which is exactly what CMC said they wouldn't do.

Not everyone plays the meta stacking style, this skill was huge in a lot of off meta builds, especially solo play. 

Its classic having no idea about the class so we're just gonna nerf this skills use & give it more damage. Its lazy & yet another step backwards from Mesmers having build diversity. 

It's not about meta stacking.

It'll give more hits on your target if you place it decently regardless of your build.

PvE perspective

At first, I didn't like this change.  The skill as it was required a bit of tactics to use effectively and created some unique gameplay.  However, that unique gameplay was simply due to how the skill was designed and didn't actually add anything other than it's limitation of being fired in a line from the player.

This new iteration has a lot of upside and I could see it potentially being toned down in the future.

• The 4 hits on 5 targets within 180 units is good, and the additional 4 hits on 3 targets within ~360 units adds some spice
  • On a single target it will hit 8 times
  • 1200 Unit range means it can be placed further than it would travel previously
  • 12 second CD!
  • It's a better Rain of Swords, if your build uses RoS, you can free up a Utility slot

Using Temporal Curtain into Unstable Bladestorm should seem pretty basic, but with the low CD time you can drop this in any hotspot to tag multiple mobs quickly; probably the same as if not more effectively than the old version.

Is this an amazing skill?  Maybe not, but it's pretty good all things considered.  Does this translate to WvW or PvP?  I think the ability to place it at range now is a bonus for those modes, not sure about the rest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

PvE perspective

At first, I didn't like this change.  The skill as it was required a bit of tactics to use effectively and created some unique gameplay.  However, that unique gameplay was simply due to how the skill was designed and didn't actually add anything other than it's limitation of being fired in a line from the player.

This new iteration has a lot of upside and I could see it potentially being toned down in the future.

• The 4 hits on 5 targets within 180 units is good, and the additional 4 hits on 3 targets within ~360 units adds some spice
  • On a single target it will hit 8 times
  • 1200 Unit range means it can be placed further than it would travel previously
  • 12 second CD!
  • It's a better Rain of Swords, if your build uses RoS, you can free up a Utility slot

Using Temporal Curtain into Unstable Bladestorm should seem pretty basic, but with the low CD time you can drop this in any hotspot to tag multiple mobs quickly; probably the same as if not more effectively than the old version.

Is this an amazing skill?  Maybe not, but it's pretty good all things considered.  Does this translate to WvW or PvP?  I think the ability to place it at range now is a bonus for those modes, not sure about the rest.

Not sure how being able to place it at 1200 range while only being able to place tc at 600 range is going to feel "pretty good".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Justine.6351 said:

Not sure how being able to place it at 1200 range while only being able to place tc at 600 range is going to feel "pretty good".

Because it'll be good to have the option to throw the Bladestorm out to 1200 if you need it. But if you don't need it that far then you can get more use by clumping up the targets?

You'll have choices when to use which skill.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Because it'll be good to have the option to throw the Bladestorm out to 1200 if you need it. But if you don't need it that far then you can get more use by clumping up the targets?

You'll have choices when to use which skill.

You are wrong.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Are y'all referring to PVP or PVE?

This was your first sentence.

I added wvw to let you know what pvp was like because world vs world is full of .... you know.... player(s) vs player(s). 

And the old version that moved away from you slowly was better than this new crap for pve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 6:20 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

I added wvw to let you know what pvp was like because world vs world is full of .... you know.... player(s) vs player(s). 

And the old version that moved away from you slowly was better than this new crap for pve. 

Yes. I meant any game mode where you're fighting against other players. I didn't mean only sPVP.

I was asking about the game modes because I know I saw they had different damage values for the Dagger skills.

I know Bladecall had different damage values between the game modes. Outgoing damage was low but incoming damage was normal.

Also I dont play Mesmer in either sPVP or WVW. I use classes that work better for me in those areas. But I've spent the majority of my time in GW2 with Mesmer. Either Chrono or Virtuoso.

So it definitely does matter I think to know which game mode people are looking at the skills in. I'm not going to get involved discussing either PVP game mode because I don't have experience there with these.

But still. The change is great for Condi Virt. It is a much more reliable skill if you have any ability to target it. As was pointed out you can also use the Focus to group up enemies to do even more damage with it.

This change is also great when playing a ranged class. If you don't want to get into close range then the previous Bladestorm was to slow and the target wouldn't be where it was when you fired it if the target was far away.

But the new skill doesn't have to slowly creep along the path. If your target is far away your can more reliably hit your target.

The moving Bladestorm did more damage per hit but it only got one or two hits on a target. The new stationary storm gets 8 hits on your target. With cVirt this means you get many more stacks of Bleeding.

The Bladestorm change is good and is much more flexible than just a shotgun style attack which you also have Bladecall for.

On 6/29/2023 at 9:20 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

I might add the fact that:

1. There is a ~1 second delay from when the vortex is spawned to when it actually deals damage at its location. 

2. It spawns 3 daggers per pulse, each dagger hitting less than 500 crit on a full glass set up. 

• Thanks 1