Relics are the perfect time to delete infusions

Delete infusions.

You know you want to.

Stat infusions? Fold them into runes. Delete the WvW-only ones entirely.

Graphical infusions? Shove those off into Relics. 

Agony resistance? Delete it as a concept; it serves no purpose other than annoying people and slowing down progress.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

Just now, Biziut.3594 said:

If I understood what anet wrote correctly, you will only be able to equip one relic at a time. So you would also need to think of some idea on how to stack the infusions effects. Both prim/jormag eyes infusions for example.

Introducing the new Infusion Combiner feature! Toss any two infusions into the Mystic Toilet along with an Eldritch Scroll and a Glob of Dark Matter to fuse them into a new infusion that inherits all properties of the component infusions! (resultant infusion has a maximum of ten effect layers)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Introducing the new Infusion Combiner feature! Toss any two infusions into the Mystic Toilet along with an Eldritch Scroll and a Glob of Dark Matter to fuse them into a new infusion that inherits all properties of the component infusions! (resultant infusion has a maximum of ten effect layers)

Also kind of a miss, if you would like to use them separatly on one theme and together or mixed with yet another diffrent theme. For example, on one theme I use primordus eyes and ember one, and on another theme I use primordus eyes plus heart of khan ur. 

Maybe if relics had x amount of slots. 10 for example. So you can jump between infusions whether you like. But then legendary part comes into play. If I have legendary armor I can switch between cosmetic infusions infinetly. If your change were to be implemented, it would have to be just as easy to manage infusions with relics. Too soon to say, but let's assume relics will have a rarities just like runes. Apart from it being unfair to the peoples who crafted legendary runes, with your change ppls with infusions and lege armor/trinkets would lose their qol of swapping cosmetic infusions. So unless they were given Legendary relic at start, it will be kinda unfair to them. Unless of course all rarities of relics would be able to swap cosmetic infusions on spot.

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yeah, that could work.

The detailed mechanics are not important. What is important is that:

• Visual infusions stay available with multiple slots in some form
  • Stat infusions get removed
  • WvW infusions get removed
  • Agony infusions get removed

That could be something. Especially getting rid of stat infusions would help to some small degree with the power creep that will surely come with the addition of the relics and probably with mixing weapons.

Last thing to solve would be that many peoples put many gold/resources into obtaining said infusions. Especially Stat + Agony ones or high agony ones with hopes for profit. Anet would need to adress that and compensate it somehow to this players.

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Instantly converted into account-bound trash items with value equal to purchase price. 

Nothing to add than. It's a plus from me. Would certainly save me some eq template slots as I didin't want to waste gold to get the stat + agony ones. So I use them separatly.

• Like 1

I guess AR is a way to slow down new players a bit. U know to prevent someone jumping into t4 fractals having 0 experience.
But you can also buy infusions from TP, which means that any1 who want to bump up their AR without doing fractals can do that.
It's a crazy weird system...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dapper Shark.4958 said:

I think you might be overestimating how much stat infusions help, I'll confess I don't have numbers to back my claims but my understanding is they don't make that big a difference compared to exotic to asc.

Still shouldn't exist.

Especially priced and gated as they currently are.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Still shouldn't exist.

Especially priced and gated as they currently are.

I'd say infusions are fine, raids look to take maybe 4.5 weeks to get all 18 +5 stat +5 ar infusions but that's the most gated I can find

I don't see a reason you couldn't do a set of +5 stat +9 ar or in wvw's case +5 stat +1% dmg/defense against guards, lords, supervisors in the same or shorter amount of time. They aren't obscenely gated, they don't destroy the balance of a build (quite frankly if anything they make it very minutely more diverse) and they seem to be tailed to the end game your in.

So once again I don't see a need to remove them when there are other things that the attention could be spent on.

Edited by Dapper Shark.4958
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dapper Shark.4958 said:

raids look to take maybe 4.5 weeks to get all 18

..costing 270 gold for +5 AR. 550 gold for +7. 1110 gold for +9s.

7 minutes ago, Dapper Shark.4958 said:

I don't see a reason you couldn't do a set

They are an obscene cost for a minor, but palpable gain, which persists in a competitive environment.

2 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

I prefer agony resistance as account bound, though i suspect they made agony as the way they are as a gold sink

There are about seven different alternatives to agony resistance, half of them retain their gold sink nature. The current version is the worst of all possible versions.

• Confused 1

I have always been bothered by jewels ceasing to exist for ascended items.

I think it would feel much better if they reworked all the useless jewels into 3 tiers like runes and sigils, and made them useable by ascended gear, with unique effects instead of stats.

Then "Jewels" would be merged with "Infusions" into a single type of upgrade for Trinkets, and they would give "Utility" bonuses that aren't base stats, skills or general combat properties, like +AR, +MF, +Exp, +Swimming speed, +damage to guards in WvW, and so on.