[Poll] New weapon: Main-Hand vs Off-Hand

TheThief.8475

New Thief weapon  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with another Main-Hand (axe) or would you rather have a new Off-Hand which would provide old Main-Hand weapons with new dual-skills as well as new slot 4 and 5 skills?

• I prefer a new Main-Hand weapon
    • I'd prefer a new Off-Hand weapon

9 hours ago, Solstice.5790 said:

As far as options in this poll go - neither.
I'd like to use one sword with both hands (->Belinda's) and have parry-skills like Counterblow or Illusionary Riposte.
But I guess Anet is going for the other "ninja" equipment.

Bro I wanted GS too in the past... But now?

We already had two new 2handed weapons, then a main-hand weapon, I don't want another of these weapons anymore. I want something new like off-hand (my preference would be sword tbh, but axe off-hand would be also ok for me)

As we discussed above thief only has 2 off-hand weapons and this is bad because you have dual wield skills (skill 3) that changes depending on your off-hand equip, it's only natural that after 11 years we want to see more dual skills and off-hand option!

If they do this I would be ok with greatsword being next, but they can't ask me to wait more than 12 years to add ONE single new off-hand weapon.

Edited by TheThief.8475
Typos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Offhand focus plz with aoe. Plus binding of ipos on specter is a must want!

Man I really wanted something like off-hand sword or axe, but the possibility to equip the best looking legendary weapon ever... is very tempting lol

Binding of Ipos truly is insanely cool

12 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I'm withholding judgement until we actually see what it does, but I do have to admit that I'd be more excited about the possibilities for a new offhand than for a fifth mainhand weapon.

Please vote anyways!

We may have close to 0% chance to have them change idea but we have to try! 

• TheThief.8475 changed the title to [Poll] New weapon: Main-Hand vs Off-Hand
9 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Offhand focus plz with aoe. Plus binding of ipos on specter is a must want!

Off hand focus + scepter dual skill could've been a ground target heal for those of us who hate the ally targeting. Maybe a super short lived (basically just a flicker) high init cost AoE stealth for triggering shadow arts traits on allies consistently on the 4 or 5 or something. Maybe some 600 range ground targeted AoE that's either condi when paired with pistol or power with dagger mainhand.

I also really want Binding of Ipos on Specter.

4 hours ago, Kanaima.2546 said:

Off hand focus + scepter dual skill could've been a ground target heal for those of us who hate the ally targeting. Maybe a super short lived (basically just a flicker) high init cost AoE stealth for triggering shadow arts traits on allies consistently on the 4 or 5 or something. Maybe some 600 range ground targeted AoE that's either condi when paired with pistol or power with dagger mainhand.

I also really want Binding of Ipos on Specter.

I'd like this, but tbh I'm just sad now. Looks like it's too late, 11 years passed already, how much do we have to wait for more variety of dual skills? The least they could've done if they really wanted to give a new main hand, was to also give an off-hand.

They are doing it with guardian, ranger, necromancer, so why not to thief? It's the class with the least amount of off-hand weapons kitten.

8 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

A Main hand weapon along with and off hand (like dual wielding axes)

Or a main hand weapon in the off hand (like dual welding swords ;P)

Oh I see.

In the second case only sword or scepter would be an option then, I really like the idea of off-hand sword, but... scepter? XD. 

Or maybe you talk about all main hand weapons and not only Thief ones?

Edited by TheThief.8475