ANet, If you Revert [Daring Dragon] and make it give 1s of alacrity per bullet loaded it solves literally every problem. >> LITERALLY EVERYONE WINS <<

SkyRight.2370

There's 0 reason it can't do both:

If they instead just kept [Daring Dragon] at 5 bullets, and made it dump out 1s of alacrity per bullet loaded. You would have to invest slightly into boon duration (similar to other alac dps classes rn) accounting for [Dragonspike Mine] Reload & also wouldn't get the insane benefit of 10 full charges.

This would solve:

1) Alac Bladsworn doing 42K+ rn with 0 boon duration effort.

2) It would play differently than regular Bladesworn and require slightly different gear.

3) It preserves the old playstyle and maybe gives the slight bump to the awesome old [Daring Dragon] trait that it needed for people to realize how FUN  old [Daring Dragon] actually was.

>> AGAIN, LITERALLY EVERYONE WINS <<

Or. They could have just put alac on [Lush Forest] or [Immortal Dragon] and made it heal your allies a bit too so Bls could be a real support like everyone actually wanted. The funny part now is, with the double bullet scaling the way it is, "the alac trait" of [Daring Dragon] is just the dps trait too because it essentially just lets you load your bullets faster. And since none of the other traits give you bonus damage:

(Same Damage) / (Less Time) = More DPS. 

I am so, So, SO tired of ANet taking the actually usable/fun/both parts of Warrior's kit and dumping them for no reason because there are OTHER OPTIONS. Old [DD] was fun & literally the only build that I was enjoying and there's 0 reason for it to be deleted like this when there are clearly better options.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Amen. Unless it's going to do something else Grandmaster traits that "define the identity and playstyle of the elite Specialization" should not be sacrificed to just provide 1 support boon tailored to 1 game mode. Regardless of how popular that game mode is when they could easily be build / tuned to be usable in multiple.

But frankly, these support boons don't belong on Grandmaster traits period. And the fact that the only thing even approaching a fun/fluid playstyle on Bladesworn was axed to do this, when it could have been put literally anywhere else like you said, is insane and there's no reason for it.

• Like 7

Alternatively, it could just give alacrity in a way that makes sense, yes. Putting 10s of alacrity on DD that clearly won't stay demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of, terrifying apathy towards, or both, Bladesworn in general.

The Gunsaber projectiles already all go different distances & don't explode half the time. They don't multi-hit by default unlike the Kala ones and even when you do manage to land a Dragon Slash and have it NOT BUG OUT in PvP it does less damage than a sword 3 or an Arcing Slice!?

ANet I started playing this class cause of Rama. He was genuinely funny & well written and I found my own way to be my own Bladesworn. I don't even have that now. So no, I cannot "PLAY MY OWN WAY" as your trailer suggests. I can't really play at all tbh cause this class doesn't f-ing work. I was ok with that tho cause DD was awesome. Please put it back or give us something else equally or even more fun...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Idk why Warrior always gets dope AF Concepts like Berserker, Spellbreaker, and Bladesworn that are then executed like butt & get 0 follow-up love until years later when someone over at ANet wakes up & remembers they exist.

I put a more detailed of my solution over here:  But for what it's worth this was NOT the way to do this. Warrior is actually wayyyyyyy more complicated & nuanced than people think it is and this change representes whatever the antithises is of understanding of those nuances & cool interactions. I really don't want to be told I can't play a certain way just cause other people aren't plaything the thing that way. It's refreshing to see the people who WERE using [Daring Dragon] rightfully care right now. Please don't let it be too late. ANet I will buy as many Deluxe Editions of SoTO as you want if you prove the haters wrong and can show that you understand about this. Put the alacrity where it needs to be, which is anywhere else & let us nerds have our weird, beautiful Omni-Slash Gunsamurai fantasy back please. ❤️

• Like 3

There's like 4 threads of this essentially saying the same thing. But bumping this one as well. ^ There are objectively better places for Alac that don't destroy entire unique & really fun variants of this Specialization.

Edited by WaterMud.8106
  • Confused 1

• 7 months later...

Pushing this thread b/c it seems especially Relevant about now...

Like Mukluk said today you shouldn't have to choose between Staff and Warhorn. Other classes don't. Shifting the Alacrity to Magebane Teather boon pulse for PvE and giving us back [Daring Dragon] for FUN / WvW / Whatever solves pretty much every "design problem" with Support Warrior, that exists right now with 0 effort. The work's done, everything's already in the game. Not to mention it makes Lunatics like myself who were genuinely enjoying the old old Daring Dragon playstyle/variety happy.

ANet I can hear you over designing a solution to force "Support Bladesworn" to use Staff right now. Please don't. Staff is good. Focus your efforts on fixing DT2 patching, DT 3 projectiles (as with necro,) and maybe just cleaning up/jazzing up Gunsaber Animations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, SkyRight.2370 said:

Pushing this thread b/c it seems especially Relevant about now...

Like Mukluk said today you shouldn't have to choose between Staff and Warhorn. Other classes don't. Shifting the Alacrity to Magebane Teather boon pulse for PvE and giving us back [Daring Dragon] for FUN / WvW / Whatever solves pretty much every "design problem" with Support Warrior, that exists right now with 0 effort. The work's done, everything's already in the game. Not to mention it makes Lunatics like myself who were genuinely enjoying the old old Daring Dragon playstyle/variety happy.

ANet I can hear you over designing a solution to force "Support Bladesworn" to use Staff right now. Please don't. Staff is good. Focus your efforts on fixing DT2 patching, DT 3 projectiles (as with necro,) and maybe just cleaning up/jazzing up Gunsaber Animations.

So little is needed to turn Spellbreaker into an optional support spec...

• Throw Alacrity on Slow Counter.
  • Make Guard, Slow, and Revenge Counter grant their boons on burst skill use as well as on Full Counter.

Thats it. That is all that is needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So little is needed to turn Spellbreaker into an optional support spec...

• Throw Alacrity on Slow Counter.
  • Make Guard, Slow, and Revenge Counter grant their boons on burst skill use as well as on Full Counter.

Thats it. That is all that is needed.

I'd be curious. While I'd like a few finishing touches on top of that to really give a support potential to the e-spec beyond only providing alacrity, if it could be done without actually removing the alac option on bladesworn (let's be greedy and promote diversity!), I'd love to try it.

6 hours ago, Mevelios.4809 said:

I'd be curious. While I'd like a few finishing touches on top of that to really give a support potential to the e-spec beyond only providing alacrity, if it could be done without actually removing the alac option on bladesworn (let's be greedy and promote diversity!), I'd love to try it.

There still is the issue of Junksworn forcing you to choose between Warhorn and Staff, as the lack on in-combat weapon swap prevents you from using both together.

That's one of the reasons people want to move Alacrity support off Junksworn and onto Spellbreaker.

This issue could easily solved by giving Junksworn in-combat weapon swap. But we aren't allowed to have that.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There still is the issue of Junksworn forcing you to choose between Warhorn and Staff, as the lack on in-combat weapon swap prevents you from using both together. [...]

This issue could easily solved by giving Junksworn in-combat weapon swap. But we aren't allowed to have that.

Lush forest works wonders for that and is heavily fed by the gunsaber + Tactical reload (if you're pretty sure your raid is safe enough to remove the Battle standard), so I find it fair - there are indeed a few tweaks I'd give it which I recommended in another topic. That went poorly with zero participation to the discussion, and now we have the bias with the staff as there isn't a satisfying mainhand support weapon (mace & axe somewhat, although clearly lacking compared to the staff skills).

My stance on the staff is that it's an effective yet lazy answer, trying to squeeze a solution to every current issue into a single weapon. Let's be real, considering the fat heals +aegis +protection +long block (unlike the mace's counter) there isn't much incentive to play the warhorn anymore, especially if your boondps can somehow provide swiftness (with the amount of heralds around, you're quite likely to have one). So much efficiency goes into this new weapon that I'm worried it'll incite a nerf for everything else, at which point it ruins the whole principle: several traits are worth some attention, whereas a single weapon as the answer will only drain players down into a single build, which is currently either overhealing yet still unsatisfying for stab access (when picking Vigorous shouts), either clunky (if choosing Martial cadence) because of the issue often mentioned about dragon trigger/gunsaber offering no healing or any contribution whatsoever apart from feeding Lush forest (a risky thing in high pressure encounters). And that's only considering the PvE side; I don't like neither care about GW2's PvP/WvW because I can immediately figure out issues from that unrealistic implementation in a competitive mode. At least it's a blast to play in PvE!

There are solutions, but the staff is clearly overperforming numbers-wise while having the clunky forced movement that makes you unwilling to use it for tanking. I wouldn't be surprised to see it getting a nerf, hence the approach I had before its release by considering the traits rather than a single weapon as the answer. That's why I'm worried it'll completely miss the mark and leave either one side of the coin lacking (the staff itself or the support traits), either nerf them altogether and turn the (so far) secretive healer warrior into a mere memory for very few players that actually played it!

• 2 weeks later...