Shortbow question

Noah Salazar.5430

Condi Shortbow flavor question  

30 members have voted

1. 1. what flavor wuld you like the most for shortbow weapon to have ? (that will be added in dlc)

• Havy CC (stun/daze)
    • Support Skills like healing/boons/ fire field (for might blasts)
    • Aoe dmg/poison field
    • Burst dmg
    • Evasion/Juming back(leap/blast)/soft cc (imobilize)
    • Other

First and foremost, what I want a weapon to provide is BOON HATE

Already stated this multiple times here in the forum, but if Anet really plans to no longer release any elite specs in the future then they need to inject boon hate into some classes which are currently struggling to remove boons and engineer is one such class.

Besides this, I would like a mobile condition damage option focused on poison primarily.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Ranged condi option, plus peircing would make this a solid weapon. Some aoe ranged would be great too, and some hard cc built in would be great.

Ranged condi, piercing and explosive hits on the 0.5s autoattack causing AoE bleed on all hit targets. 

Because of course it's going to be like that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ranged condi, piercing and explosive hits on the 0.5s autoattack causing AoE bleed on all hit targets. 

Because of course it's going to be like that.

They can't help themselves.

On 7/2/2023 at 12:44 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

First and foremost, what I want a weapon to provide is BOON HATE

Already stated this multiple times here in the forum, but if Anet really plans to no longer release any elite specs in the future then they need to inject boon hate into some classes which are currently struggling to remove boons and engineer is one such class.

Besides this, I would like a mobile condition damage option focused on poison primarily.

I'd love that. A cool relic synergy could be boon removal on applying a particular condition or something like that.

Shortbow been a Condition weapon for a long time so at this point expecting it to be Condition damage focus is expect (Thief is a bt funny since you have to hit a Poison condition enemy to trigger the 1 skill bleed condition). How it may function on the other hand is the big question

Personally I expect it may focus on different types of Explosive arrows that apply different conditions which may make this a very Explosive Main weapon for the Engineer for Explosive theme benefits when it comes to "short" range Condition Main Weapon. Unless they some how make Shortbow provide long range combat use.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284