There Were 5 nerf Hits On Virtuoso

Jitters.9401

Thanks @Cal Cohen.2358

(1) F5 Blade Turn Requiem.  No more block and  wet noodle damage.

(2) #3 Unstable Bladestorm. Should be renamed to "Useless bladestorm".  We all know why.

(3) #2 Bladecall. In wvw only the return damage has limited value. Takes so long for the throw to complete that it has both limited damage and can be evaded easily.

(4) Blade Renewal.

I always used this as an escape maneuver.  The 3 second distortion saved a life.  Now at 2 seconds, it has far less value. 1 second difference is a survivability hit.

(5) With the removal of the block in the Blade Turn Requiem, it also lessened the value of the "Signet of Illusions". 

Because mesmer does not even closely compete with the escape abilities of rangers,  eles, willbenders, thieves, etc..... I'd pop F4 distortion, F5 Block, then the signet of illusions so I could use them both again (if I was able to stock blades)  in attempt to escape. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it did not. Success was only based upon if I could outrun the next person to safety. 

Now the Signet of Illusions has no real use in WvW. 

But the Cal Cohen ele still gets to edge toward godmode. 

In totality, this is why I am severely unimpressed with anet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

On 7/2/2023 at 10:30 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

But the Cal Cohen ele still gets to edge toward godmode. 

Signet cata is your godemode for apes.

Virtuoso need a complete rework which it will never get. Like this aegis trait exists to fuel the only useful gm trait to get blades, otherwise its unreal to get 5 blades(unless you want to wait 15s to cast a single shatter).

Dagger "buffs" (nerfs) and how ele is busted should be a reason to question wtf is he doing there and not still isnt fired

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 4

You can now dodge nothing at all and still trigger unblockable shatters, not much but better than having to always interact for it. It does open up new offensive doors and openings though. The requiem is now useable while cc'ed due to having no cast time, not much but better than having to use distortion when low on blades if all you need is a quick aegis. The channel time on renewal reduces defensive uptime but in return lowers the time needed to full stock for more aggressive offense. Again, just little silver linings. We will probably see work on requiem soon (tm). 

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

What made d3 bad? Asking because to me now it seems alot more valueable.

its absolute garbage in pvp/wvw, the dmg has been halfed and noone in their right mind is gonna stand in the field for the full duration

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pengu.7481 said:

its absolute garbage in pvp/wvw, the dmg has been halfed and noone in their right mind is gonna stand in the field for the full duration

I imagine in pvp they wont have much chance if you place it on point since its not gonna go away, its gonna be constant pressure, plus the range is quite nice too, but in understand finding the dmg underwhelming.

8 hours ago, Pengu.7481 said:

They might as well stand as it does nothing. Plus its a projectile that can be reflected.

I hoped it would be an AoE that hit everyone for decent damage and NOT being a projectile (like guardian symbol) but we got this trash instead.

It would be less work for them if they would increase the movement speed of old storm and make it unblockable so it could hit and not disappear on touching blocks/aegis and it wont be 100% projectile reliant, it would be justified that it does nothing but damage, no boons, no evades, no evades etc, like a GS. 

I think it could be FINE if they would still make it unblockable, at least it would have something redeemable about it but nope.

• Like 3

I didn't realize Virt had so many blocks available but until it gets a straight damage nerf for being able to peace out of combat at 1200 range, I am fine with it becoming more fragile.

Seriously, as bad as Mech has been for creating a false, noninteractive standard of design, Virt is almost equally as bad. No class should do that much damage at range.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

I didn't realize Virt had so many blocks available but until it gets a straight damage nerf for being able to peace out of combat at 1200 range, I am fine with it becoming more fragile.

Seriously, as bad as Mech has been for creating a false, noninteractive standard of design, Virt is almost equally as bad. No class should do that much damage at range.

you can side-step the shatters at range.
so if 0 damage is too much do you want virtuoso to heal?
because lets be real, if you are being attacked from 800+ range you just side-step them like they dont exist lol

5 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you can side-step the shatters at range.
so if 0 damage is too much do you want virtuoso to heal?
because lets be real, if you are being attacked from 800+ range you just side-step them like they dont exist lol

Oh we are talking PvP.

But yes healvirt would be a cool facet to add to a class that is pretty kitten boring, with nothing but blades and more blades.