Gyala Delve - Worst Map Ever! [Merged]

On 7/4/2023 at 2:49 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

Want to die repeatedly while trying to complete a story chapter? Want to be one-shot repeatedly by a de-buff you cannot remove? Want to finally explore the map and get to where you need to be, then be randomly teleported to the entrance of the map? Then Gyala Delve is the place for you!

Just put on a haze mask it's free....

Skill issue.

The only grudge I have against Gyala Delve is how it flooded us with unidentified gear (my main source of income) and the prices got nuked.

This is understandable, however.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gyala Delve is annoying. Using filters is bad game design. Forcing ppl to use turtle mount is also bad game design. Need to kill mobs to capture objective is annoying and even more annoying when you want to charge stuff on last part and you need to clear mobs there and ppl just standing there with turtle doing nothing. Also that 3 platform "boss" fight is not bad idea, but not good either.

These 2 things would improve Gyala delve by a lot:

1. Remove need for filters and just have it as buyable buff for extra loot
  2. Remove need for turtle mount just let us use whatever we want
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The meta-event only maps are the worst.  This includes Gyala, Dragon's End, and Dragon's Stand.  

If they are going to do these types of maps at least do them like Cursed Shore or Verdant Brink so there's something else to actually do besides the meta, even though the meta is the main point of the map.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I know it's not a difficulty thing but something about the map just makes me never want to go back, I haven't even done the second part of the meta because I haven't heard a single good thing about it. The complete lack of downtime for the later segments of the map is probably my biggest grip, I feel like all events and the map itself should be locked and immediately get a map change icon for people who want to leave or something.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Blocking map completion is what I hate the most, after 11 years because of this map I decided to uninstall gw2. I have a job and a live and no time to do metas and if I cant complete maps I cant enjoy the game bye.

Edited by AIex.4105
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Finally finished map completion on this map since first going there after it was launched. Finding a map/time when the meta has opened up the second and third parts of the map is extremely painful, especially during off-hours. I'm also heavily in favor of not locking map exploration behind meta events that will die out months after release.

Calling it now that there will be a "Inner Nayos - Worst Map Ever! " thread in a few weeks/months with the exact same criticisms when the meta-locked third part becomes inaccessible for exploration due to lack of players doing the second meta.

Edited by Poormany.4507

13 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Finally finished map completion on this map since first going there after it was launched. Finding a map/time when the meta has opened up the second and third parts of the map is extremely painful, especially during off-hours. I'm also heavily in favor of not locking map exploration behind meta events that will die out months after release.

Calling it now that there will be a "Inner Nayos - Worst Map Ever! " thread in a few weeks/months with the exact same criticisms when the meta-locked third part becomes inaccessible for exploration due to lack of players doing the second meta.

People are still clearing gyala at least when there's a gyala meta/events weekly up.