End game pve is incredibly gatekept and lacks player population

11 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

So yesterday you joined one tagless group since we discuss it on forum to prove me wrong and I asked over 100 ppl over several weeks so sorry not taking you seriously. Also it is funny that yesterday I listen to something which is relevant to this topic. I even link it where they start talking about private and public groups and we all know that happen only when ingame LFG system is really bad.

The way you previously said you've asked "around 100" people, but now it started inflating to surely asking "over 100 ppl" sure tells something, but it's not saying what you'd like it to be. Hopefully you have the responses written down somewhere in the way that made it easy for you to count them up and reach the conclusions you're describing here, right? Well... Share them then?

And no, this is not something I saw "just once", I already told you -in this and another thread- I constantly use lfg for that content and I also join tagless groups. This one is just the last -really recent- example of that I had ingame. It's funny you're trying to say it somehow doesn't count because... um... I guess because it's another recent example of what I already saw throughout the years? 🤨

even link it where they start talking about private and public groups and we all know that happen only when ingame LFG system is really bad.

If that's what you think then it's almost as if you didn't bother listening to what they were saying in the video you linked (I think listening to ~5 minutes of what you linked is enough?). Because it's not about "what lfg is", but about easier grouping for players interested in high performance group/s. And if you read this subforum, it's not surprising at all, plenty of people including me are fully aware that people should describe their expectations and people joining the groups should read and understand whether or not their expectations are the same as the group's.
People ready to look into outside sources, including outside communities generally will prove to be willing to put more effort into learning (because they already put more effort simply by looking into outside sources), so that's also not surprising and seems irrelevant to the form of lfg any game has. Like... what do  you think they said in that video and how was it supposed to provide an argument for anything you wrote until this point?

Do you even understand why I put that example there? Since from this comment it does not look like it. That is similar like first one I take sample of 100 ppl and get results and you are like "I did exact opposite what you wrote once so you are wrong".

Yes, I do understand why and I described it in the post you've quoted. To reiterate: it's because you know it's not the same so instead of addressing what we're talking about, you went for a strawman.
(and again, your claim about me somehow "doing it once" is false, I do it for years now, as I already said lfg is basically the only way I do that content. And again, absolutely please provide the list with 100+ answers)

I don't know.

Ok, so you're quick to tell people they're "not helpful and do the opposite", but when asked how... you don't know. So you're just writing whatever?

I'm not commenting on the last sentence of your post because it's not what I said at all, it's another attempt to substitute my post with what is more convenient for you in order to not address what you've quoted. Don't do it, instead comment on what I'm actually saying.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/9/2023 at 9:05 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

The way you previously said you've asked "around 100" people, but now it started inflating to surely asking "over 100 ppl" sure tells something, but it's not saying what you'd like it to be. Hopefully you have the responses written down somewhere in the way that made it easy for you to count them up and reach the conclusions you're describing here, right? Well... Share them then?

Since you never stop asking ppl so it grow overtime? Ok from this point I will snap every response and tell me after how many you admit that it is true?

And no, this is not something I saw "just once", I already told you -in this and another thread- I constantly use lfg for that content and I also join tagless groups. This one is just the last -really recent- example of that I had ingame. It's funny you're trying to say it somehow doesn't count because... um... I guess because it's another recent example of what I already saw throughout the years? 🤨

You wrote in your previous comment that you tried it once and even put when and that was after I posted it here. If you did it at least once per month, then you could write it right away in your first comment, but that was not possible.

If that's what you think then it's almost as if you didn't bother listening to what they were saying in the video you linked (I think listening to ~5 minutes of what you linked is enough?). Because it's not about "what lfg is", but about easier grouping for players interested in high performance group/s. And if you read this subforum, it's not surprising at all, plenty of people including me are fully aware that people should describe their expectations and people joining the groups should read and understand whether or not their expectations are the same as the group's.
People ready to look into outside sources, including outside communities generally will prove to be willing to put more effort into learning (because they already put more effort simply by looking into outside sources), so that's also not surprising and seems irrelevant to the form of lfg any game has. Like... what do  you think they said in that video and how was it supposed to provide an argument for anything you wrote until this point?

If you listen to them, then you know it is not only about high performing. Like any open meta can be done by randomly pressing buttons for intanced content with semy decent build it is same. It was even mention in that vid. If you have group of ppl not using your ingame LFG tool and rather going "outside" to form groups, then your LFG tool is not working. Also listen to whole vid since Sneb even talk about lack of passing knowledge for instanced content to new players since most "veteren" players are out of game forming groups somewhere else. This post is about gatekeeping and lack of player population and you have ppl going out of game to form groups since it is easier and faster. Any MMO with ppl knowimg that out of game LFG tools are better than in game LFG tool will have small endgame population and you can not grow that population.

It is sad since you do not have any hard instanced content in GW2 and whole game is designed as casual MMO. So GW2 should have one of largest end game intanced communities, but for some reason it is not there.

Yes, I do understand why and I described it in the post you've quoted. To reiterate: it's because you know it's not the same so instead of addressing what we're talking about, you went for a strawman.

(and again, your claim about me somehow "doing it once" is false, I do it for years now, as I already said lfg is basically the only way I do that content. And again, absolutely please provide the list with 100+ answers)

It is same or similar. You can do it and if you are lucky, then someone will maybe help you.

Ok, so you're quick to tell people they're "not helpful and do the opposite", but when asked how... you don't know. So you're just writing whatever?

I'm not commenting on the last sentence of your post because it's not what I said at all, it's another attempt to substitute my post with what is more convenient for you in order to not address what you've quoted. Don't do it, instead comment on what I'm actually saying.

First you need to admit that you have problem and not defending it. After that you can have discusion how to solve it. For exmaple rework LFG tool for intanced content. Current LFG tool in game is worse than when we used map/world chats 30 years ago. Why I can not look for both daily strikes at once or add DS or even add fractals to the mix? Fractals would be little challenging, but devs getting paid for it would find solution.

• Confused 2

On 8/11/2023 at 4:31 PM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Since you never stop asking ppl so it grow overtime? Ok from this point I will snap every response and tell me after how many you admit that it is true?

...still absolutely no details about the answers, eh? I mean you must be outstanding to just wing it in memory and count up your questionnairs like that, I'm sure that's totally what happened here 😉 
And you're asking about what being true? Your initial claim or the one you pivoted into later? Because, as already mentioned before, these were two different claims.

You wrote in your previous comment that you tried it once and even put when and that was after I posted it here. If you did it at least once per month, then you could write it right away in your first comment, but that was not possible.

No, I didn't write that I "tried it once", I just said that I intentionally didn't tag yesterday, but it's by far not the first time I joined groups without commanders. Stop making up stuff as you go to fit your narrative, because what you claim I said there is not at all what I said. If you need to remind yourself, go back to that post and read it again.

Here's a direct response to you from another thread that said from my experience what you're saying is not true and people join tag-less squads, while often someone tags up later on:

And as you can see, I wrote that 2 days before """I tried it once""". So, seriously, stop making things up now.

If you listen to them, then you know it is not only about high performing.

Yes, it is, soon after your linked timestamp they literally say: "because a lot of the playerbase is very against, like, kind of growth performance oriented gameplay, what's happening is that all of the players who are, are more and more starting to coagulate in completely private groups", "I think this has always happened to an extent obviously, players who feel the same way will obviously play with the players of that same mindset".

Which, you know, just because x streamer said it, doesn't mean it has to be true (even though in this case, I think it fairly obviously is true), but what you linked doesn't really support the argument you're trying to go for here. Because he didn't say ~"it happens because lfg so bad!", he said ~"some people seek better performance so they close themeselves off to make sure they play with other players who have similar mindset".

Like... did we watch the same (fragment of...) video?

It is same or similar. You can do it and if you are lucky, then someone will maybe help you.

No, lfg for raids and other instanced content isn't the same as "achievement lfg". Your comparison is false, try sticking to the topic at hand.

First you need to admit that you have problem and not defending it. After that you can have discusion (????) how to solve it. For exmaple rework LFG tool for intanced content. Current LFG tool in game is worse than when we used map/world chats 30 years ago. Why I can not look for both daily strikes at once or add DS or even add fractals to the mix? Fractals would be little challenging, but devs getting paid for it would find solution.

First you need to address what I'm saying instead of pretending I somehow "don't want to admit there's a problem even though I have a problem" or w/e you're trying to imply (although it seems more direct than just "implying') here. For now you tried claiming the video said something it didn't say; that you somehow need commander tag for 300gold to make a group; or that people who give tips about using lfg (because they're using it constantly for years now) are somehow "gatekeepers who don't help but do the opposite" (but when asked what do you mean by that, you "don't know"). 

And I don't know where you got the idea that people somehow first need to agree with you and then you can bless them with a discussion. That's not how that works, even moreso when your initial points you base your stance or are false (like need tag to use lfg or nobody joins group without tags).

Edited by Sobx.1758
one "did" too many
  • Thanks 1