What Would People Say To Jade Mech Cosmectics?

Akisohida.8963

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I don't have one of these yet, but I agree if for no other reason than to give them a little more individuality. Seeing a bunch of identical jadebots milling around in social zones is dull, let them be at least a little bit customizable. As for dyes, I'd be cool with that too -- as long as that option was limited to the actual colors of jade that exist.

That could even be its own dye pack, like the Glint dyes, Taimi's Electro dyes, etc.

I get the limited dye options for lore reasons, but on the other hand, jade armors, jade tech turtle and skiff all can be dyed with any color, so you know Anet doesn't care about being lore accurate. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I get the limited dye options for lore reasons, but on the other hand, jade armors, jade tech turtle and skiff all can be dyed with any color, so you know Anet doesn't care about being lore accurate. 

Not being able to fully customize our Mech appearance is lore inaccurate anyways. We literally built our Jade mech so it reasonable that we may have also made parts to give them some unique appearance to stand out from others. Not to mention maybe have some special color filtering parts designed to change the color of the Jade parts from outside appearance even though it is still green jade under those color filter layers. Basically placing a type of different color protective glass over those jade parts to make the green color look different such as blue, red, and etc. 

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

As far as I know, we've got many threads since 2012 from people unsatisfied with the aesthetic of some of the game's element and so far they've never ever been adressed. Thus, I don't think the Jade Mech will ever have any way to change it's look.

Just remember, that Engineer still have the same Hobo-sac and Necromancer still have to deal with minions that look more like flayed rats than anything else (I mean, even the original GW release close to 20 years ago, had minions that looked better and, above all, less ridiculous than what GW2 offer. Heck! Even the average undead mobs in the game look better than those pathetic excuse of minions that the necromancer summon).

• Like 1

I would love the option to recolor the jade pieces of my mechs, BUT I would also like to have an option to only see colour changes on my mechs (so I can tell them apart from other players' in a fight).

I think it would be less visual clatter that seeing the crazy colours of other players and at the same time have some gameplay and aesthetic effect! 

Edited by gousgou.5438

4 minutes ago, gousgou.5438 said:

I would love the option to recolor the jade pieces of my mechs, BUT I would also like to have an option to only see colour changes on my mechs (so I can tell them apart from other players' in a fight).

I think it would be less visual clatter that seeing the crazy colours of other players and at the same time have some gameplay and aesthetic effect! 

If you can dye both the jade and the metal pieces of the mech individually you'd probably be able to tell them apart regardless of an option for it.

But it's unlikely to happen at all so... yeah. 

A year or two from now when mech has left the top % of all players I would love to see cosmetic changes to mech - but I think if they released them now on the gemstore it might bring more players to the already heavily bloated mech player base, not a goal of anet.